BEAUTY BASIC / Skin Care : Evening Routine
The 3-Step Routine for Great Winter Skin—No Matter Where You Live
Blistering cold in the Northeast and Midwest
When bitter wind chills set in, your face bears the brunt. "I see a lot of tight, red, itchy skin this time of year," says Jessie S. Cheung, M.D., a clinical assistant professor of dermatology at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago. To soothe your face…
1. Slather on a rich cream with ceramides.The ingredient protects and strengthens skin's outer layer, which is extra vulnerable to cold weather. "And when that top layer isn't functioning properly, skin gets flushed, flaky, and windburned," says Cheung. Try , .
2. Consider a face oil at night.Especially if you use a retinol product or a prescription retinoid cream, which can dry out skin. "Apply the oil right after your retinoid product," says Cheung. "It'll really nourish skin and help reduce any inflammation or redness." We like , .99.
3. Protect your eyes.If icy winds trigger more tears from you thanThe Notebook, the skin around eyes can get irritated. A thick eye cream with hyaluronic acid, such as , , will help.
Bone-dry air out West
"The low humidity around here leads to dull, sallow skin and dark circles," says Harold Lancer, M.D., a board-certified Los Angeles dermatologist to stars like Oprah. To boost radiance…
1. Exfoliate while you cleanse."Whenever there's a cold shift, even a mild one, your skin's cell-turnover cycle slows down and dead skin builds up," explains Lancer. "A face wash that contains alpha hydroxy acids or fruit enzymes will gently dissolve dead cells, though for sensitive skin, use it only once or twice a week." Eau Thermale Avène Cleansing Foam, , has lactic acid.
2. Apply a brightening product at bedtime."They're not just for reducing dark spots," says Lancer. "A treatment with vitamin C helps even out tone, so it's great for nixing dullness." Try , .99.
3. Dab on an eye cream with caffeine."Cool, dry weather has an effect on your body's blood flow that can actually make dark circles look worse," says Lancer. "To help constrict blood vessels around eyes, use an eye cream or gel daily that has caffeine." Try , .
High altitude in the Mountain States
"UV levels increase about 10 percent for every 3,300 feet you go up in altitude," says Joel Cohen, M.D., director of AboutSkin Dermatology and DermSurgery in Denver. "Add snow, which reflects and intensifies UV rays, and you're atmajorrisk for aging skin damage." To stay protected…
1. Use an antioxidant serum in the a.m.It'll help your skin fight off the UV-induced free radicals that cause wrinkles, spots, and skin cancers. "Potent antioxidants include vitamin C, vitamin E, and ferulic acid," says Cohen. , , has vitamin C.
2. Reapply sunscreen throughout the day.That broad-spectrum, SPF 30 sunscreen you smooth on in the morning starts to break down by lunch. "And since sun exposure through windows is every bit as damaging," reminds Cohen, reapply with a powder SPF like , .50.
3. Don't forget your lips."We see a lot of nonmelanoma skin cancers develop there," notes Cohen. Keep lips safe with , .99.
That good ol' humidity in the South
"When you live in an area that's humid year-round, you don't need heavy creams," says Mary Lupo, M.D., a clinical professor of dermatology at Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans. "But many women use them anyway, which results in clogged, broken-out skin." To rebalance things…
1. Stick with a lightweight lotion."Even if your skin seems a little dry, it's neverthatdry when you live in constant humidity," says Lupo. So for day, look for an oil-free moisturizer or serum that's rich in hyaluronic acid. "The ingredient draws water to your skin so it stays hydrated, but it won't clog pores," says Lupo. Find it in Hada Labo Tokyo Protecting Day Lotion SPF 30, .99.
2. Add retinol to your p.m. regimen.Not only will it help smooth wrinkles and fade spots—retinol also aids in controlling oil production and decongesting skin. Glow by , , is nice and light.
3. Try a weekly at-home peel."One made with glycolic acid will exfoliate skin, clean out pores, and reduce oiliness," explains Lupo. We like , .
Video: 4 Easy Steps to Improve Skin Texture | Skincare Routine + Tips
Are Your Periods Really Heavy You Could Have One of These Issues and Not Even Know It
Everything You Need To Know About Sophia Webster’s Barbie-Inspired Collection
Do You Know How Much Exercise You Should Be Doing Weekly To Prolong Your Life
LOroscopo di mercoledì 23 novembre 2019: la coerenza dei pensieri
Federal Reserve June rate hike: prime lending rate, loans, credit card
How To Apply Mascara Like A Pro
How to Be Friends With Two People That Hate Each Other
Trump tariffs have cost Ford 1 billion, according the carmakers CEO
Thai Spiced Burgers with Asian Slaw Recipe
Tussin DM Max Reviews
30 Sex Fantasies To Turn Into Reality