"It's our policy not to comment on ongoing operations, but I can assure you that S.H.I.E.L.D. has the situation completely under control."
The specific order and/or accurate dates presented in this article has never been confirmed by , and therefore it can be inaccurate, incomplete, or partial.
This is a timeline of events that occurred in 2017.
- has a long awaited dinner date with . He calls her Elena for the last time for the next three months.
- He and Coulson return to the Zephyr, as is routine, to renew their pursuit of Quake, following a new lead from her incident in Atlanta. They continue tracking her whereabouts, and hoping to bring her in.
- begins to write an email to , but decides not to send it.
- Strange goes to the Kamar-Taj Library in order to obtain more books. However, when he calls for , he does not show up. Strange goes to the 's private collection and starts to read the .
- He finds instructions on how to use the : a magical item kept only a few meters away, and experiments with its power.
uses the Eye of Agamotto for the first timeStrange begins to manipulate time for the apple he has been eating, turning it back in its time to regrow, and forward until it rots. Strange uses this power to recover the lost pages stolen by in the book, and comes to realize the Eye's powers of control over the time of objects. He is caught by and , who both angrily warn Strange not to disturb the natural law, noting that misuse of items of such incredible power could cause Strange to become trapped in a time loop forever.
- Wong and Mordo take Strange to the Sanctum Chamber and reveal the real purpose of the : for keeping and other mystical evil entities away from .
Mordo explains the true role of the MastersThey also tell him about the three Sanctums across the globe in , , and , as locations from which the sorcerers can protect the Earth.
- and his infiltrate the London Sanctum and kill all the defending it, including . Kaecilius then successfully destroys the London Sanctum by creating a massive explosion.
- In the chamber, Wong and Mordo become worried as alarm bells sound. The trio opens the door leading to the , only to see ' destruction.
Strange is ambushed byThe explosion rips through into and knocks everybody off their feet, trapping Strange in the as he is separated from his allies and unable to return to Kamar-Taj.
- Stunned from the explosion, Strange starts looking for help, walking through the New York Sanctum. He soon discovers the , as well as the . He encounters Master , who hears commotion downstairs, heading down to face the Zealots attacking the Sanctum, instructing Strange to stay put. Strange, however, chooses to follow.
Strange uses the to fight KaeciliusStrange witnesses Kaecilius murdering Drumm. He reveals his presence, forcing the Zealots to attack him, and despite the fact that they had trained for years, Strange manages to fight them with little problem, conjuring eldritch whips and shield mandalas of light to protect himself.
- During the fight, Strange discovers that, due to 's influence, they are capable to alter the real world outside the .
- He decides to use the to his advantage, trapping one of Kaecilius' disciples in the desert and the other, , in the jungle, leaving only himself and Kaecilius to continue fighting through the New York Sanctum.
Strange confronts KaeciliusStrange attempts to intimidate with the , but he does not use how to use it. Kaecilius throws him into the 's glass case, but the cloak wraps itself around Strange's shoulders and helps him in the fight. The cloak guides Strange to the , allowing him to trap Kaecilius and end the fight.
- Strange tries to interrogate , but he tells Strange only that time and death are insults, and that the extracts powers from the herself, to obtain extended life.
Strange is stabbed in the chest bySoon, Kaecilius notes that Strange's is missing, as Lucian makes it back into the Sanctum and stabs Strange with a Space Shard, almost killing him. The protects Strange by attacking Lucian and removing the Sling Ring from his hand.
- Strange uses the to transport himself to , where he calls out so she can tend to his wounds secretly. Surprised to see Strange again, appearing out of nowhere wearing unusual clothes, and after all this time, Palmer soon begins to tend his wounds as they talk about what was he has been doing during all the time he has been gone.
Strange begs to save himStrange apologizes to her for having treated her poorly the last time they saw each other.
- While Palmer operates on him, Strange projects his astral form and uses it to guide her surgery, leaving her bewildered. uses his astral form to escape from the , and uses the portal Strange left open so as to follow to Metro-General.
- Strange discovers Lucian in the hospital and a battle ensues between the two of them, disturbing several objects in the physical world as Palmer continues performing the surgery.
Strange overloads and destroysPalmer eventually shocks Strange twice with a defibrillator, which charges up his astral form enough to kill Lucian.
- Strange returns to his body as Palmer finishes her work on his wound. Strange explains that he went to in order to heal his wounds, but instead ended up learning magic.
- Now sufficiently better, Strange decides to return to the New York Sanctum and continue his fight against the . He shows Palmer the portal he made with his Sling Ring, confirming what he was saying to be completely true.
Strange and Mordo talk with theStrange arrives at the New York Sanctum where he meets with the and , discovering that escaped from the . Impressed by his actions, the Ancient One names him the new protector of the New York Sanctum. However, Strange confronts her about drawing power from the , causing her to leave abruptly.
- Mordo and Strange argue about the , but they are interrupted as and his return to destroy the Sanctum.
The Zealots chase the duo in the Mirror DimensionStrange drags all of them into the so Kaecilius is unable to destroy the Sanctum, and steals his so he cannot escape. Mordo and Strange proceed to run away so they can escape, locking Kaecilius and his Zealots in the Mirror Dimension forever, but Kaecilius and his group start to chase them.
- Kaecilius distorts the terrain around them so Strange and Mordo cannot reach their portals to escape.
- The Zealots chase and warp nearby buildings and skyscrapers, causing Strange and Mordo to plummet down the twisting landscape. Kaecilius and the Zealots eventually manage to separate the two before cornering Strange.
- The arrives in time to rescue Strange and Mordo by warping the dimension herself to move them away to safety.
The Ancient One fights theIn doing so, she unintentionally confirms the fact that she draws power from the as the dimension's symbol appears on her forehead. A battle ensues between her and the Zealots, led by Kaecilius, resulting in her old student stabbing her through one of his Zealots, and pushing her out of the and back into the with a Sling Ring, where she falls to a harsh impact on the streets of New York. Strange and Mordo follow through the portal to help her.
- Strange rushes the Ancient One to where they are received by , who proceeds to help her in the surgery room along with other members of the hospital.
Strange talks with the before she passes awayA few hours after the surgery began, at 2:42AM, the Ancient One leaves her physical form and goes out onto a balcony, prompting to astrally project and follow her, realizing what she is doing. The two talk, and she tells him about the Dark Dimension and why she had drawn her power from there, claiming that it was necessary to help protect others. Strange warns that Mordo will not be so understanding of her. The Ancient One also reveals that she has seen the future, and she knows that this is her final moment. She warns Strange of 's powers, and holds Strange's hand as she watches snow fall over a nighttime , before her form vanishes, signifying her death.
- In the very early hours of the morning, stunned by the death of his mentor, washes his hands. He says goodbye to , before leaving again to fight the .
Wong prepares to fight the Zealots
- and his arrive at the where , along with other , is preparing to make a stand. A battle ensues, resulting in the defeat of the Masters and the death of Wong. Kaecilius destroys the Sanctum and prepares to summon , who begins to fuse with the , starting above the remains of the Hong Kong Sanctum.
- Meanwhile, Strange reunites with Mordo at the , and they decide to stop and his Zealots together.
- The duo arrive only to find the Sanctum already destroyed, and the Masters who decided to protect it already dead.
reverses time using theKnowing that they have no other option, Strange decides to use the , breaking the Natural Laws of Time, to turn back time for the city and reverse what has happened. He frees both himself and Mordo from the time reversal, and the reversal returns and many others from the dead, despite Mordo's protests. However, Kaecilius breaks free of the time reversal as well and a battle breaks out in the rebuilding city. Kaecilius stops Strange from completing the spell, freezing time for the city around them and ensuring that the will still arrive despite Strange's best efforts. Kaecilius says that Dormammu's arrival could not be stopped anymore, saying that his dimension is "beyond time".
Dormammu is confronted by Strange
- Upon hearing Kaecilius' words, Strange figures out a way to defeat Dormammu, and heads to the Dark Dimension, where time is irrelevant. Strange arrives at the Dark Dimension and before he confronts Dormammu, he uses the to create an unending loop.
- He tells he wants to bargain, but the evil entity refuses, killing him many times before Strange reveals that the loop he created has put them in a endless cycle for the whole of eternity; the only trap Dormammu could not escape from, since the was a place beyond time, and therefore Dormammu has no power over it.
Dormammu fights StrangeEventually, Dormammu begins begging to end the time loop, which he does, on the condition that Dormammu banishes himself and the from Earth forever.
- Dormammu does this, turning the Zealots and into Mindless Ones and dragging them into the Dark Dimension forever, sealing the portal between the dimensions.
- Strange returns to and on .
Mordo walks away from the Mystic ArtsMordo leaves the , disillusioned by their dishonest, questionable, and dangerous uses of magic, after having witnessed both Strange and the 's rash actions be pardoned.
- returns to with . He replaces the , saying that he is not yet worthy of wielding it; tells him that this is wise, revealing the Eye's true nature as holding an , a term Strange does not understand.
- Strange embraces his position as the new protector of the .
Strange arrives at the New York Sanctum
's previous victims from early 2017
- and come back to the Playground for a restock. Having been in the air for nearly five weeks, they have almost broken the Zephyr One's record.
- Mackenzie and Coulson take off for their longest flight yet, globetrotting on the for meetings, while keeping track of Johnson.
- In Walnut Park, , a burned body is found, being the signal of a "murder epidemic".
- An unidentified body is found by the West Covina police.
Ghost Rider Found Cell Phone Footage - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
drives away with the
- A video recorded on a man's cell phone is released online, catching driving away in the from a distance.
- The councilman visits a construction site in Boyle Heights. However, Perez is suddenly ambushed by the , who brutally murders him, after founding him guilty for his actions.
- Perez's corpse is found by the construction workers on the site.
- , a teacher at San Gabriel Valley High School, is tracked down to his house in by the demonic vigilante Ghost Rider, who discovered that he was a pedophile. kills him and burns down the residence.
Graffiti of the Ghost Rider
The sightings are becoming more frequent. He becomes considered as some kind of vigilante by the people of .
- While in prison, Eli Morrow hires the to steal a box, which contains , from facility in . However, the Chinatown Crew contact the , and order them to steal the box and deliver it to them. The also hire the Aryan Brotherhood for an unknown mission.
- discovers a possible deal between the and the .
attacks with the, , , and of the steal the crate containing . They manage to deliver the box, before being attacked by the , who brutally wounds Scott. They escape as Ghost Rider follows them.
- In their getaway, they are attacked by , who has been tracking them too. When Johnson attempts to question Scott, she discovers that he was already attacked and is bleeding. Before passing out from blood loss, Scott warns Quake of the presence of Ghost Rider. Suddenly, drives up and transforms into Ghost Rider as Moore fires a rocket at him. He crashes into their truck, causing a fire, and blocking Johnson from them.
Quake sees Ghost Rider for the first timeHe proceeds to brutally murder Moore and Anderson, then kidnaps Mitchell, before getting in the and driving away. Johnson, who could do nothing but watch in horror, is forced to leave when the police arrive.
- sends a request out for the to return to the .
- and return as May is training a new of specialist agents. She reveals the details of the incident to them, and in private, tells them was there. She also reveals the officials are tracking Johnson with the intention of killing her.
Scott is visited by JohnsonJohnson breaks into 's hospital room to question him about the crate and . However, before he can say much, Scott dies after warning her of Ghost Rider's terrifying nature. Johnson then escapes from the police a second time.
- Back at the Playground, , now working as 's advisor, is testing the for when Coulson and Mackenzie visit them. Fitz gives them new equipment, including an exploding pen for Mackenzie and an update for .
- Later, Coulson and Mackenzie pick up , who starts to flirt with Mackenzie. She secretly steals some pills for .
Fitz discovers Aidameets with to watch the Scottish League Cup final. However, when Radcliffe steps out of the room, , in her new body, walks up to Fitz to greet him, but ultimately glitches.
- Fitz begins to panic because Radcliffe has built her body without permission and could get arrested.
- continues research into the in an attempt to find him. She meets Yo-Yo on a bus to receive the pills and briefly catches up with her.
- gives new software, and when she asks for her to sign for it.
Mapping-Action EyewearMay begins to complain about the new color-coded system, now called the "Spectrum of Security". Simmons discovers Coulson and Mackenzie were sent to by May against orders.
- and go to to investigate, where they find brutally beaten bodies. , whom Reyes has been torturing for information, is killed by Reyes in order to cover his tracks.
- Investigating the crime scene, Coulson and Mackenzie discover that the crate that was being transported by the Aryans was scheduled to be delivered to the that night.
May is given a mission byThey decide to operate without authorization. However, Simmons sends and her team to stop Coulson and Mackenzie.
- : The box is delivered by the Aryans to the Chinatown leader, , who opens the box with inside, allowing her to escape and infect him. The infection causes him to hallucinate his co-workers with demonic faces. and her arrive to arrest them, but Bauer infects May before fleeing.
- , having found ' location, meets him at to try to get information out of him. Reyes attempts to get her to leave unsuccessfully, and after being questioned, he transforms into Ghost Rider and attempts to kill her.
Ghost Rider judges JohnsonJohnson manages to fight back, but Reyes pushes a shelving unit over to topple onto her as she lies on the ground. Johnson struggles to quake it to stop it falling and injuring her. The Rider stands over her and peers into her soul, but then walks away, deciding to let her live.
- picks up , his crippled brother, to hang out with him for the day. watches from a safe distance.
- orders Coulson and May to go to his office once they have arrived at the Playground.
- discovers her infection, caused by , as she hallucinates with a demonic face.
Lucy Bauer enters her old housevisits her old house in the middle of the night, which scares the family currently living there. On her way out, she infects the father.
- travels to work and briefly interacts with his co-workers. As he is working, visits him with a made up story of her car engine lighting on fire, forcing Reyes to play along. When they are finally alone, they discuss the Ghost Rider. Reyes claims he is not an , but rather something very different, and that he "sold [his] soul to the devil". When Johnson mentions , Robbie decides to attack again. They briefly duel, but Reyes knocks her out.
Coulson and Mace discussAs and are researching a bizarre invisible material, brings them details on and the house incident. The three question the existence of ghosts, then Fitz and Mackenzie get a lead and go to find her, without Simmons.
- and talk to , the new director of , after a two-hour wait. They discuss , and although Mace assures he forgives them for chasing her, he still says she needs to be stopped before they legitimize again. Before she leaves, May hallucinates Mace's face becoming demonic.
- Mace gives Coulson the assignment of leading a tour group, and as he and Coulson lead the tour, they briefly discuss history and . May hallucinates multiple tour members becoming demonic the same way Coulson's head.
May talks to Piper before going to seeDesperate for answers, May visits in his cell and begs for a way to cure her infection. Chen only says that it is "everywhere", and suddenly bangs his head on the glass until comes and knocks him out.
- enters and frees and from boxes similar to the one that held her. They blame Bauer for getting them there, and they discuss how the that locked them away could now be used to help them. They decide to kill , the one who betrayed them, and continue to free people like themselves.
- wakes up to discover tied her up, while looking for an excuse to kill her.
Ghost Rider gets rid of JohnsonThey begin to discuss the , and Johnson mentions that could be involved with the crate that they were transporting. Reyes realizes that this is a lead and leaves, but Johnson uses her powers to escape and follows him.
- and infiltrate , but are attacked by . He traps Mackenzie in a machine that will turn him into one of them, but when he goes for Fitz, intervenes. Reyes transforms into Ghost Rider and murders Frederick, allowing Fitz and to rescue Mackenzie. Ghost Rider grabs a picture of and the others before they were ghosts, before he walks out.
Jeffrey Mace knocks out May's infection makes her go insane so she lashes out agains her team until intervenes, revealing his powers, and knocking her out.
- discovers has been giving pills for her injuries. Mackenzie and try to convince Johnson to return to , but she refuses.
- picks up from the street, and tells her that he thinks that he might be the connection between everything that has been happening.
The Watchdogs' threatening messageis attending a party in , , when a city-wide blackout suddenly occurs.
- The anonymously send a threatening online message, claiming to be who will shut off more cities hour by hour if the are not shut down.
- , , and discuss the blackout while and overlook 's vitals, fearing for her life. Suddenly, 's heart rate spikes dramatically, before he passes away from 's infection.
- Simmons realizes the same will happen to May in just hours if they do nothing, so Mace assigns Simmons to go to save May, and assigns to .
Reyes during the Blackout Attackand stop for gasoline and briefly discuss Reyes' uncle, , when the same blackout happens to . They quickly go to check on , who is about to be attacked by a gang when they arrive. The two vigilantes take down the gang members and bring Gabe home.
- and prepare to help save . Because does not know Aida exists, Radcliffe shuts her down before they arrive.
- At this point, is hallucinating almost everything around her to be demonic, and after they calm her down, Simmons and Radcliffe begin figuring out how to save her life.
- As , , and enter , their car suddenly shuts down, along with Coulson's and the rest of their gear.
Rodriguez is confronted by the
- invade the party that is attending, looking for an there. Yo-Yo uses her super speed to subtly disarm the Watchdogs, but her friend notices and freaks out, blowing Rodriguez's cover.
- At that moment, , , and arrive and, with, Yo-Yo's help, fight and subdue the Watchdogs.
- Radcliffe and Simmons discover the source of May's hallucinations, and realize the only way to save her is to stop her heart, and then quickly bring her back to life before her body completely shuts down, which would "reset" her brain. They stop her heart as planned, but before they can defibrillate, the power goes out.
May is revived and cured of her madness
- Simmons panics and begins to perform CPR, to no avail. Radcliffe eventually uses Aida's battery to charge the defibrillator, allowing them to restart May's heart, bringing her back to life and curing her.
- Another threat from the comes online, so contacts the president.
- and , now at the Reyes brothers' home, discuss how Robbie can recover so fast. He explains that his strong healing factor means his injuries do not last long. Robbie then heads out to make sure people are safe, as the Ghost Rider. He uses work as an excuse, not wanting Gabe to know what he truly does.
- Gabe and Johnson have a conversation after Robbie leaves, but Gabe tells her he knows of her abilities and that she is Quake. He says that he believes she is a good person, but he wants her to stay away from Reyes, to keep him surrounded by trustworthy and safe people, threatening to expose her to the public if she does not.
- , , , and find the source of the outages, an EMP device, and reset it to bring the power back on, ending the Blackout Attack.
S.H.I.E.L.D. goes public again
- confronts about helping behind their back.
- announces as an official agency again, finally ending 3 years of hiding in the shadows.
- Coulson receives a call from , who tells him that he should be the one declaring S.H.I.E.L.D. an official agency, not Mace. Coulson replies saying that he is right where he belongs.
- returns home to discover left in the night, leaving Gabe alone.
- , a senator secretly working for the , speaks with her boss about .
Nadeer, trapped in the cocoonAs she leaves her house, she says goodbye to her brother, an captive who has been stuck in his shell for months, as opposed to the usual mere seconds.
- gets injured in a confrontation with the while she is trying to obtain information on how they are managing to find every they have killed. She decides to reunite with Simmons in order to get some help.
- goes to look at a new apartment opportunity for her and ,
Quake asks Simmons for helponly to discover it was a decoy set up by . Simmons treats Johnson's injuries as they briefly catch up, before Johnson asks for help hunting the . When Simmons refuses, Johnson pulls a gun on her to force her to help.
- : visits in his prison to question him about . Coulson tells him about and that something happened to her and her friends, but Morrow does not say anything. Outside, Coulson and notice driving by, and give chase. Eventually, they trick him into crashing into an invisible , and then arrest him.
- tells about what happened to her when they cured her infection days prior.
Radcliffe argues with Fitzarrives and panics when he discovers is helping to treat her, but Radcliffe says that she is becoming so advanced it is easy to mistake her as human. Fitz reluctantly agrees, as May has fallen for it.
- and plan to steal information from that will help them track . However, because of her high clearance level, Simmons simply asks Albee for the information, to Johnson's surprise. After they get the info, they find is trying to find information on , and Simmons insists that they work together in confronting him.
- They meet James at a fireworks shop, where he works, to make a deal with him. James tells them to meet him on the 2nd floor of a storage base later that night.
Reyes: "I made a deal with the Devil"
- and question about the Ghost Rider, and then decide he can help with the case, letting him out so as to make a deal. They form an alliance to find answers. Reyes visits for to question him, with a device relaying the conversation to the agents, but Morrow figures out he is working with Coulson. Morrow tells him about and what happened to them, and of a that he calls "evil".
- wakes from a coma and asks for the whereabouts of the .
- and are alerted about Primed and Ready Fireworks and head out to the situation.
visits Josephdecides to go with them.
- asks why is not being honest about what she actually is, having been programmed to be completely honest herself. Radcliffe does not tell her about , instead just telling her it is sometimes OK to lie.
- and meet at the arranged place. However, they discover it is a trap set by James and the , whom James/"Hellfire" is working with. Surrounded by Watchdogs, Johnson and Simmons manage to briefly distract them and then hide.
Ghost Rider vs. HellfireEventually, Hellfire finds them and attacks them with a fiery chain, when suddenly intervenes and takes the chain himself. He transforms into Ghost Rider and attempts to subdue him, but Hellfire knocks them to the lower floor. Johnson and Simmons reunite with and , just before Ghost Rider's flames blow up the firework shop. Reyes delivers an unconscious James to them.
- In the , shows and a photo of the , the book that they have been searching for. The three form an alliance in order to find it, using as their lead.
Coulson picks up Mayand visit to pick up and . Although Coulson also believes is a human despite her acting fishy, Simmons does not fall for it, questioning Fitz in private.
- Fitz points out the stakes if were to find out about Aida, and Simmons realizes she will have to somehow lie to Mace during her lie detector test the following day.
- Coulson arrives to see , who tells him that has the , just before he dies from her ghostly infection. Coulson decides to use Morrow against Lucy.
Simmons confronts Mace about the "truth" of ViennaWhen says she knows the truth about what happened in Vienna, Mace exempts her from any lie detector tests.
- , whose public approval is high after his supposed heroics during the , becomes even more popular after he reveals his Inhuman status in a television debate with . Nadeer also mentions that she has heard about recent incidents, one of those involving .
- As the team arrives, Lucy Bauer infects the prison's staff. In order to get to , Fitz has to unlock all the doors in the prison, which releases a number of criminals associated with the .
Ghost Rider after murdering Santino NogueraJohnson and May fight them, but Johnson is injured. Meanwhile, Reyes and Mackenzie fight and kill and .
- Reyes rescues Morrow, but on the way out, confronts the last member of the "Fifth Street Locos" gang who had paralyzed Gabe in a paid hit, . Reyes loses control, and the Ghost Rider kills the prisoner. However, Reyes' distraction unintentionally allows Bauer the time to kidnap Morrow and flee to an abandoned power plant.
- Lucy Bauer forces Morrow to read the , as she herself is not able to.
Nadeer blackmails Macesecretly meets with , who threatens to release footage of helping the agents, and killing the prisoner while working with .
- picks up , because he might be in danger. After the two brothers reunite on the plane, Gabe comes to the incorrect conclusion that is a secret agent.
- sends on a secret assignment, without anyone being aware of where she is.
Mace boards theMace then takes a team and boards 's plane to arrest .
- , , and hide in the Containment Module. Gabe starts asking questions, so Robbie finally tells him the truth about the car crash, and how he became the Ghost Rider. finds the fugitives, but the Ghost Rider escapes the module and overpowers Mace in a fight. Gabe manages to calm Robbie down, and Mace reluctantly agrees to let use Robbie against . tracks Bauer to the abandoned Roxxon power plant.
Reyes kills Lucy
- After the team gets there, finds , who warns him that craves the Darkhold's power himself, that he had created the ghosts, and that had ordered the hit on Morrow's . Robbie then kills her.
- As and try to turn off the power output needed for an improved version of the Momentum machine, takes the Darkhold. However, Morrow activates the machine in time and gains the power to create matter. A big shock wave runs through the power plant, trapping Coulson, Fitz, and Reyes in .
- and investigate the aftermath and discover Coulson and Fitz to be missing.
obtains his powersHowever, they are actually right in front of them, just invisible to them, trapped in between . , with his new matter-creation abilities, takes down a few agents, and builds a wall to escape and block the rest off. , who is also trapped between dimensions, sees the whole thing, but is unable to interfere.
- , , and look at footage for information on the men's disappearances, but are unable to find the slightest clue. , , and attempt to communicate with them, all in vain. Fitz concludes they are indeed in another dimension, one which is like a backdrop to their main dimension,
The takes overand theorizes they are being sucked into . Mace lies to everyone about where is, which leads Fitz, still invisible, to follow him. He discovers Mace's secret alliance with , and that he lied about Simmons. Suddenly, the spirit which inhabits the Ghost Rider, the "", leaves Reyes in favor of Mackenzie. Mackenzie, influenced by this new possession and power, leaves to track .
- is sent to investigate the brother of , who has been stuck in a shell for 7 months, arousing concerns that he may be a very powerful when he finally breaks out. Simmons manages to comfort him out of his shell, which causes the other scientists to remove her from the room.
Mackenzie as Ghost Rider
- After flees with the , and a still invisible chase him down in the .
- After Johnson tracks Mackenzie to a warehouse, Reyes attempts to convince the Spirit of Vengeance to keep their deal and return to him. When Johnson gets to Mackenzie, he transforms into the Ghost Rider in front of her, however, after more persuasion, the Spirit of Vengeance returns to Reyes.
- brings in to help bring back , , and with the . Radcliffe is overwhelmed by the book, so offers to read it instead, after an invisible Fitz attempts to tell her to from the other .
Aida rescues Fitz and Coulson from HellFitz admits her true nature as an android to Coulson, and Radcliffe decides to admit she is not human to as well.
- After Aida learns the info, she puts together a portal between the two dimensions, which rescues Fitz and Coulson, just as Coulson is almost sucked down into .
- confronts about his secrets, but is interrupted when he reunites with .
- As grieves the loss of power that he experienced from the , gets back through 's portal.
- makes herself a human brain model.
, , and team up
- , who is using his abilities to build a bomb that is tearing apart space-time and causing earthquakes, captures public attention when arrives. He is alerted by his men that S.H.I.E.L.D. is coming for him. After his men begin complaining about lack of pay, he fills one of their lungs with diamonds.
- talks publicly in an interview about 's attack, and promises that is not involved. admits to him that is a , but despite being shocked, Mace decides to include her in the mission anyway, to be dismantled afterwards. They send in , , and to stop Morrow, with , , Coulson, and supervising.
May and Radcliffe talk about Aida
- Mace orders May to find , to inform him they must bring for help.
- Radcliffe talks to May about Aida, and she reveals the director's intentions.
- orders to activate ; she does so gladly.
- : and arrive at . Upon arriving at the house, Aida greets her, and shows her in. On reaching the laboratory room, Aida injects May with a serum, making her sleep. Aida proceeds to create a model of with the program, inserting the memories of the real May.
Morrow's, , and prepare to enter the facility. Rodriguez checks for traps, but accidentally sets one off, burning her quite badly. Reyes then enters alone. He finds the bomb and investigates, when suddenly finds him and stabs him with a carbon shard, trapping him against the wall. Morrow pieces together that he is the Ghost Rider, and as Reyes tries to convince him against using his matter powers for evil, gets in by allowing himself to be caught by the guards, while , , , , and
Ghost Rider kills Eli Morrowbuild a machine on the lower floor to send the bomb to another dimension. Coulson, , Rodriguez, , and fight off the army.
- Reyes transforms into Ghost Rider and manages to grab and kill , just as 's machine activates and sends them to an .
- Johnson, who has been deflecting the growing earthquakes, jumps in the air several stories to let them go safely, and upon landing, the press questions her about her involvement. publicly announces that she was never an outlaw or vigilante, but rather an agent of with good intentions, clearing her name.
The introduces Quake as a new agent of to the public
- broadcasts a live report from , where, during a , is revealed to be an official agent by .
- is later officially hired as a agent again, is allowed to continue his research in the , and and share a kiss.
- Agent is packing up 's gear when he discovers that the real has been kidnapped by , and was replaced by a duplicate. To cover her tracks, Aida snaps his neck.
- After killing Nathanson, Aida cleans the blood stain she has and changes her clothes, then goes to the room where Agent is being held, and administers the serum to keep her unconscious.
Johnson deletes the details of the night where Yo-Yo tried to get revenge on her cousin's killer
- deletes the details of the night where hunted in , from the database.
- The team reunites in 's office, and Mace tells them that the Darkhold must be hidden. He orders to take May and Mackenzie to transfer the Darkhold to a .
- awakens from a short coma and reunites with his sister .
- and Agent investigate Vijay Nadeer by checking his social media pages. Agent Burrows tells Johnson that wants her in his office. She goes to see him, and Mace shows her the newspapers, pointing out that the press admires her as one of the best superheroes of current times. They discuss her recent reaffiliation with
- At the , and , with some agents, arrive in order to stop Aida on Director Mace's orders. Fitz tells her to calm down, but she attacks them. As Fitz tries to stop her, she grabs him by his throat and throws him to the other room, where he discovers Nathanson's corpse.
- At home, Vijay is talking to his sister Ellen as they eat breakfast outside when a suddenly arrives to take him. He realizes that his sister is behind it all as he is forced back into the house.
- , , and head to in a Quinjet.
- Upon arriving in D.C., Simmons enters 's office to find evidence, while relays instructions to Quake. Nadeer's assistant, , welcomes Jemma Simmons. Bynum calls , who needs to talk to .
Ellen Nadeer having breakfast with VijayHe tells Shockley that the person who arrived is the same person who attended to in his Terrigenesis. After hanging up, Bynum attacks Simmons, but she manages to defend herself.
- : While meets with the team, Aida blocks the signal in the compound and takes down the system by turning off all power. Coulson, with , goes to find the . Aida suddenly appears, attacking them and knocking them out. After a few minutes, Coulson wakes May, explaining that he thinks that Aida's plan is to get the Darkhold. Meanwhile, and discuss Aida's behavioral change since she read the .
Shockley talks to Nadeer
- talks to Shockley about her brother, when suddenly , , and arrive to take Vijay with them.
- and , with a team of agents, try to find Aida. talks with about the , trying to get Aida's attention.
- raids Jeffrey Mace's office and finds the . Upon arriving at the entrance to the Playground, Rodriguez and Mackenzie are attacked by a controlled by Aida, when and restore the energy to the compound. Coulson and "May" leave, while Fitz, with Radcliffe standing in front, find Aida and order her to return the book.
Aida is beheaded by MackenzieShe attempts to flee, but Fitz reveals that he has deactivated the energy to the entrances, preventing her escape. Aida is ambushed as Mackenzie cuts off her head with the .
- A member of the Watchdogs crew keeps an eye on Vijay Nadeer. Shockley arrives to kill him, but Nadeer retaliates with his new powers. As fights the Watchdogs, Vijay meets with Mace and Ellen. Simmons tells him to go with them, but he decides to go with his sister instead.
- Escaping in a helicopter, Ellen Nadeer betrays her brother and shoots him in the stomach before throwing him into the sea. When he lands in the water, undergoes an unprecedented second Terrigenesis.
Radcliffe and Aida discuss how May's LMD will help them to obtain the Darkhold
- picks up Aida's head and hides it from the team so he can investigate what really happened to her.
- Meanwhile at the , Radcliffe talks to a second version of Aida. He tells her that he is upset at their recent failure to obtain the , having programmed the first Aida to steal it for him in secret.
- gives a speech with beside him, proclaiming her to be one of the best superheroes of current times.
Mace blocks an explodingA citizen who was saved by during the is invited, and she publicly thanks her savior. Suddenly, shoots a at Mace, aiming to kill him.
- Mace uses the speech podium as a shield to block the bullet, then throws it to the sky as it explodes, while stops Zaikin. Mace, , and escape with the aid of and .
- gives a speech with beside him, proclaiming her to be one of the best superheroes of current times.
- In the , Agent checks 's head as talks to about the attack on Mace. Simmons joins the conversation, and Talbot sends May to interrogate so they can get some answers.
chokes to keep her from escaping
- Meanwhile, at the , and also discuss the attack. Fitz tells Radcliffe that he should not come to work at S.H.I.E.L.D. for some time after his blunder with Aida led to Nathanson's death, before leaving the home.
- After Fitz's departure, Radcliffe and discuss their plan, and how the they have planted replacing is programmed to be unaware of her true nature and of her mission to retrieve the . Radcliffe also worries about the fact that they cannot seem to stabilize the real May's condition so that she can remain calm and sedated, programming her a virtual simulation so she can believe she is relaxing on a beach.
Talbot threatens ZaikinMay wakes up and tries to escape before being stopped by Aida, who sedates her once again.
- "May" and Quake interrogate Zaikin, who reveals that he was not the only terrorist sent to kill Mace.
- As the team fly in the director's Quinjet, the vehicle is attacked in the air and falls to his death before the plane crashes, killing agent in the process. Coulson, Mackenzie, and Mace are unharmed and realize that the 's systems were hacked. Figuring out that they are in danger, they decide to leave, but insists that they must first find Burrows' body.
- At the , Talbot and the others cannot locate the missing agents.
The Quinjet crashesAfter , Simmons, and May leave Mace's office, Talbot reports the investigation to the president, telling him that they do not know whether "the package" is safe.
- Fitz returns to the , and reunites with Simmons, but they soon fall out about his involvement in Aida's design. They put the argument aside for the time-being so that Fitz can help her to locate their friends.
- Talbot carries on 's interrogation but cannot get any information from him. Shortly after, Simmons discovers that she has access to something called "", and she and Fitz ask Talbot about the significance of the suitcase used to carry around for the director.
Talbot reveals the truth about to Fitz and Simmonsreveals that Mace is not really an . Instead, he gained his super strength from injections of a inspired by , which Burrows carried in the suitcase to administer to Mace regularly.
- Meanwhile, Coulson, Mace, and Mackenzie discover that the terrorists are using equipment. Mace reiterates his insistence on finding Burrows' corpse, but the terrorists already retrieved it, as well as the suitcase. and attack the terrorists, but are surprised to see that Mace simply seizes the suitcase and flees, without fighting alongside them. He is stopped by a terrorist who shoots him in the leg, before being killed by Coulson and Mackenzie, who both now realize the truth behind Mace's powers.
Patriot during the battleAfter obtaining the location of the crash site from Zaikin by scaring him with 's decapitated head, and arrive at the site just in time to help , , and to defeat the . The team manage to take down all the terrorists before returning to the Playground.
- May's LMD realizes that she is an android after a wound from the battle opened up her skin and revealed her substructure.
- Fitz downloads the data of 's head on his phone to keep working with the data in secret.
- In his office, Mace apologizes to Coulson, revealing the truth behind his "heroics" at the and his work with Talbot in the , and he concludes by offering his resignation. Coulson declines, however, and Mace agrees to remain the official director of , while Coulson will take leadership of the field operations.
- and discuss May's fate, and Radcliffe tells Aida that he does not intend to kill May unless it is an absolute necessity.
- In the new simulation, believes that she wakes up once again and manages to get free of her bonds. She is found by Aida
tries to escape within the simulationwho chases her through the . Eventually, May discovers that she is still in a simulation where she has been given someone to fight, corresponding better to May's nature than the previous relaxing environment. Aida informs May that she has attempted to escape in this simulation several times and got further and further each time, but that she keeps resetting May's memory every time she catches her.
- At the , decides to have sign the at the , while will infiltrate Senator 's office - an operation to which reluctantly agrees.
- receives a text message from and informs Rodriguez that he cannot join the mission and that he has something else to do.
- still struggles to find answers regarding the reason behind Aida turning on them and attacking,
prepares to sign theand talks to "May" about the influence that the Darkhold could have had on her.
- , , and attend the public hearing prior to the signing of the Sokovia Accords in the presence of Nadeer, while and Rodriguez try to infiltrate the senator's office. Nadeer confronts Johnson about her nature and her illegal activities while she was fighting the as the vigilante nicknamed Quake. She then reveals that she is aware that her office is currently being broken into, just as Coulson and Rodriguez are spotted and arrested, which leads to being put under public investigation. This makes Coulson and the others think that there must be a mole within
- and discuss the leak, and Simmons confronts Fitz about his work on Aida's first version's
Johnson, Mace, and Talbot discover that Yo-Yo and Coulson have been arrestedsevered head which he had kept and secretly worked on. Simmons thinks that the footage from the head's eye camera could have provided Nadeer with the intel, but Fitz refutes this, informing the other agents that he investigated the real cause of 's insubordination and finally found it: himself.
- A team is sent to the , where had gone first to confront Radcliffe about her own true nature. The LMD realizes that she cannot go against Radcliffe's secret programming to retrieve the Darkhold, neither can she overcome her programming preventing her from attacking Radcliffe or even disclosing her true identity to the others.
, , and arrest
- The S.H.I.E.L.D. team finally breaks in and arrests Radcliffe, who is locked in a at the Playground.
- Once he returns, tells about his daughter, , who died 11 years ago, only four days old. He explains that went to see his ex-girlfriend to support her, as the next day would have been Hope's birthday.
- Fitz later visits Radcliffe and confronts him about lying to everyone. However, Fitz figures out that the person he is speaking to is not , but a , and he shoots the android in the head, revealing its true nature. The real Radcliffe watches the whole scene through the LMD's eye camera while he makes an alliance with and the .
As the first change to the 's rewritten history, May succeeds in rescuing
- In order to prevent May from escaping the simulation, Radcliffe reprograms the Framework world to allow her to live a rewritten life: a life where she can look back happily on the , having managed to save instead of killing her, May's greatest regret.
The body of
- Meanwhile, at the , repairs and interrogates him with and in order to determine where the original Radcliffe is - though they discover that the android's programming is too sophisticated for them to break into. Radcliffe's LMD then angers Fitz by referring to Fitz's abusive , stating that Radcliffe knew him. Enraged, Fitz unplugs the android and leaves the room.
- Meanwhile, Billy Koenig is brought into a dark room inside a , where Radcliffe is also being kept, faking imprisonment so as to gain Billy's trust and extract the whereabouts of the .
- However, as Koenig insists in front of the , the leader of the himself, that he is willing to die regardless of any torture he might receive, Radcliffe decides not to torture him, but to look into his mind using some equipment.
- manages to identify , one of the Watchdogs who attacked the Koenig brothers, proving that Radcliffe has allied with the organization, and thus with Senator . Sam Koenig then reveals that he knows about the Darkhold because Billy gave it to him, and he then gave it to another Koenig agent, .
- takes LT Koenig aboard the where she talks to Coulson and
reviews 's memoriesthe others, explaining "Operation Hot Potato": passing the Darkhold back and forth between the three Koenig agents before hiding it in the , a secured S.H.I.E.L.D. facility.
- Since Billy is the Koenig who had the Darkhold right before hiding it, Radcliffe is able to locate the book from studying his memories. Despite this, Ivanov does not trust Radcliffe's methods and orders that should be interrogated to confirm their intel. However, after a brief confrontation during which beats several Watchdogs and reveals her android nature, Ivanov agrees to head to the Labyrinth immediately.
- While talking to Simmons, figures out that Radcliffe's LMD does not run on pure computer programming: he is equipped with a created by Aida with knowledge from the Darkhold.
- Horrified, Fitz, Simmons, and Mackenzie realize that Radcliffe and Aida created another Quantum Brain inside another LMD: .
- : , , , and the Koenig siblings arrive at the Labyrinth and retrieve the Darkhold right before the Watchdogs attack. When May's LMD finally takes the , her secret programming takes over and she refuses to hand it over to Coulson, threatening to kill him. Coulson figures out that he is dealing with an android, and May's LMD is quickly taken down by Johnson, who was warned by Fitz and Simmons. then fights the but lose the Darkhold, which is taken by .
states that Coulson is responsible for alien events in the last several years
- At the , May's LMD is turned off and kept in a safe place, as promises to that they will get the real May back.
- Meanwhile, Ivanov reveals that he seeks to kill Coulson, claiming that he is at the center of all the alien-related phenomena which have occurred in the past several years.
- At the , Director learns from that the that he has been using to pose as an could endanger his health, and that he must stop using it. Having to step away from the field, Mace still serves as the public face of , arranging the relocation of Inhumans to avoid the .
explodes in 's office
- : sends to expose Senator to a , since she could also be an Inhuman like . However, it turns out that Nadeer is not an Inhuman, unlike Shockley, who is horrified when he himself undergoes . As he exits his cocoon, his newly acquired explosive powers emerge as he blows up like a bomb, killing the senator and her staff.
- Meanwhile, in , , and find , 's ex-girlfriend and working partner. Though Radcliffe left her after failing to cure her from a brain cancer, he never forgot Kitsworth, and had built the with an exact resemblance to her.
- Coulson and Mackenzie convince Kitsworth to arrange a meeting with Radcliffe, so that they can find out 's location and rescue her.
- sends a team to investigate , unaware of Shockley's true nature. He is arrested and brought aboard the Zephyr One. He prepares to explode again, before being ejected just before he can take down the plane.
- In , Radcliffe attends the meeting with Kitsworth and persuades her that he has a way to save her: the , a whole virtual rebuilding of the real world, built by , thanks to the knowledge found in the . Radcliffe, much to Coulson's dismay, takes Kitsworth with him to connect her to the .
Shockley is captured
- : A field mission is planned to capture Shockley, and the team carry it out, successfully trapping him in a containment sphere designed by . Mace, however, is taken down and captured by the while ensuring the other agents' escape.
- 's consciousness is uploaded into the . She wakes up in a private place located away from civilization, where she can live completely in peace, even if her body perishes in the real world.
- resolves to save both May and Mace.
and train in the
- 's body dies. A funeral is arranged by .
- and present a small, earlier version of the to the other agents to demonstrate the kind of trap in which is imprisoned, saying that likely built a much more powerful version of that alternate reality for her.
- Afterwards, the team receive word that the 's GPS signal has been spotted in , .
- The agents fly to the new destination, where they find the suit, but not the . They also discover a wall covered with newspaper articles and photographs retracing the life of a single individual: .
Ivanov's investigation on Coulson
- The teams heads to Russia, while and Fitz argue about the latter's responsibility for their recent problems. Coulson remembers the time he was sent on a mission with to retrieve an many years ago, and how it might connect to the .
- , who is imprisoned in a naval base in , , manages to break free of his chains and tries to escape, but is soon found by Ivanov, the Superior. Without his super strength, Mace is quickly overpowered by his captor and brought back to his cell, where the Superior interrogates him.
- The Superior then leaves the cell with , and tells her that each one of them has a purpose in life, even "filth" like Mace.
- Meanwhile, and his team finds the same safe that he and May had cracked in the past, and they discover the skeletons of several soldiers, with one skull containing a ringing cell phone. Coulson takes the call and finally speaks with the Superior, who blames Coulson for the deaths of the soldiers from his unit in .
Coulson talks to Ivanov
- Ivanov then tells Coulson that Mace and May will suffer the same fate of his former colleagues. After hanging up, he tells Mace about his belief that Coulson having engineered all alien-related events on in the past few years.
- The team returns on the , where they try to locate Mace and May. Using the intel provided by Ivanov, they learn about the naval base. They immediately fly to the base and begin their infiltration, with Fitz and Simmons taking over the communications room while Coulson, Johnson, and Mackenzie search for their captured friends.
- Coulson soon encounters Ivanov, who proceeds to tell him the story of his unit from 2003, and how they were executed for not being able to retrieve the 0-8-4. However, Coulson dismisses Ivanov's speech as irrelevant,
assaults 's basesince he only cares about finding Mace and May. He then lets Johnson fight Ivanov while he leaves to continue searching. Coulson and Mackenzie find Mace, who is being beaten up by several .
- Though Ivanov is a tough opponent, Johnson is able to overpower him with her powers, and buries him under a pile of rubble.
- Meanwhile, Fitz and Simmons learn that Aida is present at the base. Simmons decides to find her with Agent while Fitz remains in the communication room.
- , , , and are replaced by copies of their respective likenesses, and placed in the .
Framework HistoryThe Framework is updated as each of them enter, removing their biggest regret from their lives, and thus altering the Framework's history from those points.
within theThe Framework's history is now fully created and updated, including the pivotal .
- Before 400 A.D. (Framework)
- 1830 (Framework)
- 1941 (Framework)
in the Framework22nd
- approaches soon after he leaves high school and asks him to become part of . However, Coulson refuses, because he feels unready to accept that much responsibility.
Jemma Simmons in the Frameworkis born.
within themeets a young , who is being held in a juvenile detention facility in for burning down his family's home. Seeing his potential, Hand recruits him into , convincing him that he can do something for the greater good.
- , a member of the community in Afterlife, goes rogue after Jiaying refuses to allow Belyakov's unstable daughter, , to go through .
Eva Belyakov in theShe takes with her an assortment of stolen , which she uses to transform Katya without the proper mental conditioning. Katya develops sensory manipulating powers and a hunger for pain.
- The mother-daughter duo travel to , where they create chaos by using Katya's powers to sap the emotional energies from local civilians.
- , a member of the community in Afterlife, goes rogue after Jiaying refuses to allow Belyakov's unstable daughter, , to go through .
- takes notice of 's activities and tracks her down to , . A team led by is dispatched to analyze Belyakov for the Index; they are unaware of 's involvement or powers.
- Eva and Katya assume control of a group of gangsters and hold the entire S.H.I.E.L.D. team, minus May, hostage within a warehouse.
Melinda May: "I saved the girl, Andrew"Before breaking in, calls in order to say goodbye if anything bad happens to her. May breaks in, managing to successfully kill Eva and the gangsters, saving Katya and the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. May does not realize that Katya was also Inhuman.
- As an act of goodwill, take Katya Belyakov back to the so she can live a normal life among other children.
- As loses credibility, the sleeper agents of within S.H.I.E.L.D. take advantage of the situation and reveal themselves to the real world, and a war begins between the two factions.
A corpse from the: A team of agents break into a and kill all the S.H.I.E.L.D. students and agents that are on the compound, including .
- The massacre is hidden from the public, who are told that it was the result of a chemical incident.
- The government authorize HYDRA as the new agency of defense and espionage. HYDRA begins a campaign of hate against the , and take control, establishing a new world order. The massacre is covered up as an accident.
- Sick of the world's situation, the assembles many agents willing to fight against the new world order. Among the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents are and .
- Coulson goes through a divorce when believes he is going crazy as he theorizes about the world not being correct.
Alexander Pierce High School
May 2016 Calendar Page1st
- Phil Coulson keeps a "May 2016" calendar page, believing there is something special about it. Unknowingly, it is his subconscious remembering parts of his life in the real world; recalling the significance of the name "May".
and in the Framework
- receives a prize for his work on trying to find an cure. He is never seen again after.
- asks for cohabitation permission, to allow her and to live together. The permission is granted.
- However, Ward turns down the offer, saying that he needs more time. His true motive is to hide the truth from her, that he is a member of the .
- While their communications are briefly cut, Simmons figures out that Aida fled with the submarine. The S.H.I.E.L.D. agents finally regather and Coulson orders them to return to the , despite not rescuing .
- Back at base, Simmons struggles to understand the timetable of the mission, feeling that something does not seem right. While sharing these feelings with Fitz, she receives an alert from a detector in the base which indicates that four agents have apparently been replaced by androids while battling the Watchdogs in . Simmons is led to believe that this is Coulson, Mace, Johnson, and Mackenzie.
- Meanwhile, Aida retrieves Ivanov, who is barely alive following his fight with Quake.
- reactivates .
- Aida proceeds with her plan to have someone protecting the while she tries to make herself human. She cuts Ivanov into pieces, promising the preservation of his mind.
Simmons and Fitz try to keep calmMeanwhile at the , and "" try to keep calm after finding out about four infiltrating the base. Simmons does not know that Johnson is not an LMD, but one of the four LMDs is actually Fitz.
- approaches them and tells them that they need to bring all to the base, saying that it is to protect them from the . In reality, he is planning to execute them at the request of the and . comes along with , claiming he is healed and ready for the next mission.
- Mack's LMD and Johnson contact and order her to get ready for being collected.
- Inside the director's office, the recently reactivated is shocked to find out that Coulson
Coulson's LMD reveals himself to be an android to May's LMDhas also been replaced by an LMD copy.
- Late into the night, Simmons and Fitz walk through the Playground, and a hidden LMD detector is triggered. The two realize that one of them must be an LMD, and Simmons forces Fitz to cut his wrist to prove he does not have a substructure. When blood begins to pour out, she panics as she realizes she has just got her boyfriend to slice an artery. She approaches him to help, only for Fitz to turn around and attack her, knocking her out and revealing himself to have been an LMD all along.
- Meanwhile, is brought back to the real world by Aida after spending 24 hours in the , and he asks her why there were changes to the reality of the while he was in there.
reveals her actions to RadcliffeAida reveals that the changes happened due to the recent uploading of the consciousnesses of , , , and , and thus the Framework being adapted to accommodate them. Radcliffe is concerned at Aida's actions, saying that she should never have changed the reality of the with him being inside, because it could have caused him severe brain damage. He worries further when she reveals that the four LMDs she sent to infiltrate are ready to kill in order to complete their missions.
- When Simmons wakes, Fitz's LMD discusses Fitz's desire to marry her and settle down. Simmons is pleased to hear this, but does not fall for the LMD's attempts to bring her over to his side.
Simmons takes down Fitz's LMDShe manages to escape by destroying his neck and stabbing him several times to incapacitate him.
- accidentally finds in the , to her horror. She realizes that the base has been already infiltrated by some LMDs, but she does not know which of her friends were replaced. Johnson dresses as one of the LMDs and hides herself among the fleet.
- enters the module with the intention to kill Johnson. He spots an LMD with her clothing imperfect, and believes it to be the real Johnson. As he moves to attack, however, the real Johnson assaults him from behind, defeating him and running away.
Johnson reunites with SimmonsJohnson and Simmons meet, and are terrified that the other is lying and is secretly an LMD. Johnson quakes her, proving that she is not one, as they cannot replicate Inhuman powers, and simultaneously proving Simmons is also real as she feels the vibrations of her bones. The two embrace with huge relief, and decide to fight back against the LMDs and rescue their friends.
- When Simmons wakes, Fitz's LMD discusses Fitz's desire to marry her and settle down. Simmons is pleased to hear this, but does not fall for the LMD's attempts to bring her over to his side.
- Aida shows Radcliffe the new body she is building for the Superior, and tells him how she is starting to know the feelings of human behavior, but cannot understand it with logic. She also explains that her two main orders are to protect the ,
Radcliffe is killed by Aidaand to protect Radcliffe's life, but that that creates a paradox in her programming. She sees them as a contradiction, because he might become a major threat to the Framework if one day he regrets its creation. kills Radcliffe and submits him into the where his consciousness will be preserved, even if his body has perished, to fix the paradox by keeping him safe in a place where he cannot threaten the Framework.
- The base is locked down as and make the agents believe that Johnson and Simmons are LMDs that are trying to destroy the Playground.
- Simmons and Johnson use sleeping gas to knock out the human agents and prove that they are not the LMDs, but Mace, Mackenzie, and Coulson are. A battle ensues between Mace's LMD and Johnson, who manages to destroy him.
Johnson fights Mackenzie and Coulson's LMDs
- Johnson is then attacked by Coulson and Mackenzie's LMDs. She uses her powers to attack them, shattering Mackenzie's LMD completely, and escaping from Coulson. Simmons reunites with her and convinces Agents , , , and that she and Johnson are not LMDs. Together, they prepare to use the to escape the compound and rescue their friends.
- The newspaper publishes an article titled "The Inhumans Next Door, Are Your Neighbors Harboring Husks?"
- Johnson and Simmons are stopped by May's LMD, whose orders, given by , are to blow up the compound with everyone inside if necessary.
May's LMD helps the agents escape by blowing up both herself and Coulson's LMD
- However, May's LMD realizes that the order goes against her programming to protect them, and lets the agents through to escape. As Simmons, Johnson, and the other agents start to escape from the base in Zephyr One, Coulson's LMD arrives at the exit in pursuit. May's LMD reveals that she let them go, and as he attempts to move past her, she ignites an explosion to destroy the LMDs and allow the agents to get away. The blast destroys the entire hangar of the , but the Zephyr flies out safely.
- The remain agents pick up and inform her of the situation.
submits herself into the Framework along with
- In the air following their escape from the wreckage of the Playground, the agents, along with , plan to submit and into the Framework in a neural link so they can find and rescue their friends.
Ivanov discovers his new body
- Eventually, Ivanov awakes, seemingly finding his body repaired and able to move again. Suspecting her tampering, he confronts Aida and tries to attack her, reminding her that he did not want his mind meddled with. Aida calmly informs him of what has transpired, explaining that his body is mechanical, while his mind is not. She shows him his own severed head and notes that his strength has now been enhanced. Aida explains that she learned how to do this by reading the , and tells Ivanov that she needs him to protect the , stating that despite being a machine, Ivanov can still feel emotion from his mind - an ability she intends to find for herself very soon.
- Believing her "boyfriend" is , alive in the Framework, Johnson leaves the bathroom and approaches him, only to discover that it is the . Shocked, she instinctively tries to use her powers against him, only to realize that in the Framework, she has not yet received her powers. Ward calls her Skye, and asks her who texted,. She attempts to answer without arousing suspicion, giving a vague response, but Ward deduces that it was . Johnson sees a picture of her Framework "Skye" self and Ward together, looking happy, then Ward hands over her badge, who, in this virtual recreation of the world, took over control years prior.
HYDRA statue at theJohnson and Ward travel to the , and the news on the radio discusses the arrest of the Inhuman child that morning. Johnson is shocked at the new reality and have built.
- Johnson uses HYDRA's servers to search for , only to find out that he died during experimentation. She also discovers, to her dismay, that has in the virtual reality years ago. then approaches Johnson and tells her that she needs to attend a meeting.
- wakes up in the , replacing her avatar, who was buried. She claws her way out of the ground, discovering that in the virtual reality she had been murdered.
- Simmons receives help from a woman driving past the closed off zone of the massacre.
discovers 's demise in theThe woman lets Simmons into her car for a ride to Washington, D.C., and Simmons beings to realize how the history of the real world has been changed in the Framework. The woman stops the car when she sees that HYDRA's patrols are doing a check on the freeway. She tells Simmons that she needs her ID, and Simmons finds one in her pocket, but when the woman sees that it is a ID, she forces Simmons to leave her car in fear.
- Johnson attends a meeting where they are informed that "", a potential Inhuman with possible links to the Resistance, has been captured. Johnson recognizes him as from the real world. reveals that the assignment has been given to her and Ward.
- Interrogation begins on "Rajan", but he denies everything that Johnson asks.
and interrogateMay texts Johnson saying that she needs to be more persuasive. Because she knows his real name is Vijay Nadeer, Johnson reveals that Rajan's ID is fake, and asks him if there is a mole within who helped him obtain such a convincing ID. She also reveals his real name: Vijay Nadeer. Nadeer starts to panic, and before he can reveal that Ward is the mole, Ward knocks him out.
- Simmons enters a coffee shop, but on her way out she is stopped by two HYDRA agents due to her rough and questionable appearance. When they discover that she is a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent who died some time ago, they attempt to arrest her, but Simmons manages to defeat them and escape in their car.
- , who in the Framework is a history teacher, teaches his class at the about why they fear the .
- He states that it all started after the in 2008, when allowed to remain as a citizen in their country as an act of goodwill, but it all resulted in a that killed hundreds of students. He explains that eventually S.H.I.E.L.D. was shut down and revealed itself to the world, presenting a new world order preventing further Inhuman incidents like the one in Cambridge.
- One of Coulson's students, , asks Coulson if it is true that HYDRA came from Nazis, but Coulson denies it, saying that HYDRA's true origin comes from centuries ago. He is interrupted when two HYDRA agents enter to take one of his students, , with them. Coulson lets them take Adler so as to show his supposed loyalty to HYDRA.
- Meanwhile, May enters the interrogation room to wake up Nadeer, who recognizes her as the one at fault for the , having letting the girl live. She orders "Skye" to take him to "the ". Johnson takes Nadeer with her and asks him about the rescue in Bahrain, finding out that in the virtual reality, May never killed the girl. Nadeer distracts her and tries to escape, but is apprehended by the Doctor's agents. Johnson is surprised when Fitz enters, but she notices that he is nothing like the Fitz she knows.
- Simmons uses the servers from the HYDRA agents' car to find Johnson and Fitz, but she discovers that Fitz's data is hidden from the public. However, she manages to find Coulson's details, and leaves to find him at his school.
- Simmons visits Coulson and talks to him, but he does not recognize her. She tries to explain that this world is not real, and tells him of his life in the real world, especially after she notices hints of his real life in his office. Simmons brings up the subject of Tahiti, and how it is "a magical place," but he claims not to believe her words, and forces her to leave after she shows him her S.H.I.E.L.D. badge.
- Simmons exits the school and meets Burnell, who is vandalizing her car with graffiti stating "HYDRA LIES". They talk about HYDRA and how Coulson is a HYDRA supporter, but Simmons tells him that Coulson used to fight HYDRA, more than anyone else. Burnell regrets spraypainting Simmons' car, and gives her his car to make up for it.
- Coulson calls HYDRA after Simmons leaves, and reports her as a subversive, due to her ID.
- take surveillance photos of Simmons. The pictures are sent to .
- Johnson watches as Fitz experiments on Nadeer in order to discover which latent powers he has, without exposing him to . They are interrupted by , who informs Fitz about , and how she was reported by a teacher named . Recognizing the description as Simmons, sets out to locate her first.
and watch being tortured
- Coulson starts to think over all the things Simmons told him. He looks through paraphernalia he has kept over the last few years that he felt had strange significance he could not explain, like the article reporting on 's capture, a drawing he made of an , a leaflet for a string quartet in the in (a glimpse of his beloved ), a May page from the 2016 calendar, a ticket to Tahiti, and a page on which he had compulsively written, "It's a magical place."
- arrives at the park where she and Simmons were supposed to meet earlier that day. She finds Simmons, who is running from HYDRA agents, but before they can escape, stops them and confronts "Skye" about what is going on.
- He asks them if they are allies of the Resistance, and Skye insists that they are not. Ward surprises them, suddenly revealing he is a sleeper agent himself, secretly working for within HYDRA (the opposite to ), and he helps them to escape.
- informs that Simmons escaped, and tells him she thinks Simmons received help from the same person that made the fake ID for . Fitz asks May for the images taken by the D.W.A.R.F.s, but May replies that the director herself ordered the intel to be given only to her.
- Simmons and Johnson discuss the history of the Framework, then they try to use the backdoor device they created to escape the virtual reality, only to realize that destroyed their way out.
- Fitz visits in her office. He asks her for the pictures of Simmons, but she refuses to give them to him, saying that she needs him to finish . They share a kiss.
- Johnson approaches Coulson in his car as he is leaving the school. She talks to him about his life in the real world, and he finally recovers some details from his real life, remembering her enough to call her "Daisy".
Coulson and Johnson discuss the real world
- Before 's school day starts, he and discuss how took advantage of the to rise and take control over the world. Johnson is called and alerted by about how HYDRA is sending a unit to capture .
- When Alphonso realizes what Hope has done, he worries and warns her to stay away from everything involving HYDRA.
The leader of the , the
- As Alphonso Mackenzie waits with Hope for the school bus, HYDRA operatives arrive and round up the citizens at the bus stop. Alphonso is terrified that they know about the drone, but it transpires that they are, in fact, taking a potential Inhuman into custody. The Mackenzies are relieved, but still horrified at the brutality against the man who is taken.
- Johnson decides to go to the and obtain the intel on Radcliffe's location as Coulson and Simmons go to a secret location where they will be taken to a meeting with the .
- reunites with and asks her for information about the person who is causing them problems. Despite her fear that he might recognize from fragments of memories of the real world, Madame Hydra decides to finally show him Simmons' picture. However, Fitz does not recognize her, and assures Ophelia that she will be killed.
- Knowing that is the one who has infiltrated the Framework, orders to take Johnson on an assignment to keep an eye on her.
- Johnson goes to the Triskelion and obtains the coordinates of 's location, then prepares to leave with Ward. However, they are stopped by May, who orders Johnson to go on an assignment with them. Johnson agrees, but not before slipping the coordinates to Ward.
- Coulson and Simmons are reunited with , who in this reality is an Inhuman and the leader of Mace explains how things are in the Resistance, and that he only trusts them because Ward does. Ward arrives at the base.
- Skye is forced to attend as holds a meeting telling the HYDRA agents to hunt down .
- After school, talks to and they prepare to have a relaxed night in.
Ward and the Patriot
- Ward gives Simmons the coordinates of Radcliffe's whereabouts. Simmons convinces Mace to lend them their Quinjet and go after Radcliffe by saying that he is the only one who can help them to defeat for good.
- May, Johnson, and a team of HYDRA agents arrive at the Mackenzies' in order to arrest Alphonso and Hope for taking the remains of one of the .
- and take Coulson and Simmons to the Playground's hangar. They board a the Framework agents had acquired and take off for .
- Fitz and talk about Simmons, and Ophelia reveals to Fitz that Simmons has come through from the "other side," and that this is why she needs him to finish quickly. Fitz asks her about her own life in the other world, and Ophelia responds saying that she is their slave, with no free will. Fitz promises that no one will ever hurt her again.
Mackenzie prepares to deceive Johnson
- At the Triskelion, following 's orders, May tells Mackenzie that if he is fitted with a microphone, and subtly obtains a confirmation from "Skye" that she is indeed an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. by pretending to know her from the agency, he and his daughter will be released.
- Mackenzie pretends to know Johnson as he was ordered, and she falls into the trap, revealing her true allegiance. As she tries to escape, she is subdued and knocked out by agents.
- Ophelia and Fitz assemble a team to visit , the creator of the Framework, so as to make sure he has not made contact with either Johnson or Simmons.
and prepare to confront RadcliffeMeanwhile, Ward, Simmons, and Coulson find spending time playing croquet peacefully on his virtually created island . When Simmons asks if there is a way to exit the , Radcliffe answers that there is no such thing, as he believes that Aida must have had already closed it. He tells Simmons that he is dead in the real world, and that that is why he cannot help them.
- Fitz and Ophelia arrive at Radcliffe's residence, where Fitz threatens him at point gun. Simmons, Ward, and Coulson hide as they watch the situation from a safe distance.
- Hope Mackenzie is released from custody and is reunited with her father. May approaches and thanks Alphonso for his service and loyalty to HYDRA, shocking little Hope.
- When Aida sees wandering the grounds, she tells Fitz that Radcliffe intends to replace her with the woman, and HYDRA soldiers bring her over.
- : Fitz aims his gun at Kitsworth instead, as Radcliffe begs him not to kill her, saying that he is not acting the way Fitz would act, and is being brainwashed by Aida. Ward aims his gun at Fitz in order to prevent him from killing Kitsworth, but Simmons begs him not to shoot, and he reluctantly backs down. To her shock and dismay however, Fitz proceeds to kill Kitsworth. Simmons screams at him in horror, revealing their presence, but the trio escapes as Madame Hydra and Fitz take Radcliffe with them.
The Doctor orders for Skye to be tortured
- Regretting his actions and ashamed, Mackenzie decides to join the Resistance in order to help them to fight HYDRA and rescue Johnson, to make up for his actions.
- Meanwhile, Fitz visits Johnson in her cell after discovering she is a potential Inhuman. He takes her for experimentation.
Talbot comments on S.H.I.E.L.D.'s fall in one of his many May 2017 interviews
- passes away. He is considered, at least by the people at , to be an American hero.
Madame Hydra talks to
- Alone, Madame Hydra tells Johnson that if she simply divulges where the others are, she can make return, and the two of them can live a life together in peace. Johnson refuses defiantly, knowing it would never be the real Campbell.
- Johnson and begin to speak through the vents in their holding cells, and Johnson learns from Radcliffe that Fitz killed Agnes Kitsworth. She is shocked, unable to believe her friend could do such a thing, until Radcliffe explains that only one sentence altered in Fitz's life could have changed his developmental course entirely, and in the Framework, Fitz and his father remained close over the years.
Radcliffe talks to Johnson
- As revenge for Kitsworth's murder, Radcliffe tells Johnson of a backdoor he installed to escape the Framework that Aida cannot disable, though he admits that she likely has it guarded.
- informs that he is, in fact, in a simulated reality generated by Aida to rewrite his sense of reality. , uncertain if Simmons is mentally ill, keeps a watch on her. He sees the way she reacts to him, and apologizes for whatever his counterpart may have done in the real world.
- , having joined the , gets intel on a repurposed radio, which Mace and use to infiltrate a HYDRA "Enlightenment Camp" to free an undercover agent, .
Mace fights MayThey are tracked there by , who uses an adaptation of 's super serum to fight Mace, but it soon wears off.
- Coulson attempts to save one of his former students, , whom he sees being held in a nearby brainwashing center, and Mace follows him into the building to help. May authorizes a to shoot down the building, and she enters the rubble to ensure that Mace is dead. She finds him stopping debris from crushing the student, with Coulson and Triplett helping other children escape the building. May is horrified to find children being victimized by HYDRA, undergoing the method.
Mace sacrifices himself to save everyoneMace stays to hold the crumbling ceiling as the others are evacuated. When they have safely escaped, the building finally falls, killing Mace. May realizes too late that in serving HYDRA to make up for the tragedy at Cambridge, she became a blind tool of an oppressive force, and has allowed a true hero to die.
Johnson undergoes her second Terrigenesis
- Turning on HYDRA, May sneaks a to Johnson to allow her to obtain her abilities within the Framework.
- , held by , reports on the death of the the day before.
- Following his recent death, is commemorated as a national hero by The Bakshi Report.
- emerges from her husk, fully recovered from her wounds.
- Johnson and May fight their way out of the before being stopped by and two agents.
Madame Hydra confronts Johnson and MayMadame Hydra notes that even in the Framework, May keeps being a fighter, while remains a protector, and sustains a "romantic" temper. After pointing out that Madame Hydra has not talked about her, Johnson uses her recovered quaking powers to project her out of the building. Madame Hydra falls to the ground several stories below, severely injured.
- Aida returns to the real world after being severely injured by in the . She is stunned by May's rebellion in the Framework.
Ivanov is unable to execute
- When she resolves to work on the issue so that May is no longer a complication, offers to simply kill May. However, it soon turns out that he is incapable of doing so; since Ivanov uses a body designed and built by Aida, he suffers from the same limitations as Aida, and thus cannot harm any of their captives. However, Aida tells Ivanov that if one of the agents begin to threaten the existence of the Framework, that overrules their defensive programming - the loophole she found with Radcliffe.
- At the , Mackenzie, , and watch the broadcast of . While the agents, including and , mourn the loss of their leader, the , they learn of the attack on Madame Hydra.
announces the attack on Madame Hydra and reveals that Skye was the attacker
- Simmons and Ward quickly understand that Johnson is probably the wanted mentioned by Bakshi. Meanwhile, Johnson and May, now fugitives, make their way to a S.H.I.E.L.D. meeting point.
- Fitz is outraged by the attack on Madame Hydra, especially since it places HYDRA in a moment of weakness. His father tells him that he has to lead HYDRA in his lover's place.
- Fitz summons Bakshi to the Triskelion and orders him to broadcast Johnson and May's identities, so as to instill fear against the Inhumans in the people's hearts.
- Ward, fearing for his girlfriend's life, leaves the Playground to find her, after speaking to Coulson about his recruitment to S.H.I.E.L.D.
- May and Johnson are spotted by a civilian, recognizing them as the fugitives on the billboards. She reports them to .
Project Looking GlassSimmons studies the pictures taken by Triplett while he was working undercover within . She quickly recognizes a design for , with the mention of "". Since the design is more complex that Simmons has seen in the real world, she assumes that these batteries are designed to produce something highly sophisticated, and require massive amounts of energy. She and Triplett borrow the for a recon mission to Ivanov's naval base in the Baltic Sea.
- and reach one of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s safe houses. The guard reports back to the just as HYDRA's forces close in and a firefight begins. The guard is shot and severely wounded, but the agents manage to get into the building for safety.
in the Framework
- finds and to tell them that he has received the call about Johnson and May. Asking where Triplett is, Mackenzie explains that he left for a recon mission. Coulson makes the call to risk going to save the fugitives, even if it might be a trap.
- Meanwhile, Johnson and May barricade themselves in while they await any help.
- informs his son that Johnson and May have been spotted, and that a team of HYDRA agents is after them.
- Before Leopold can lead the chase himself, Madame Hydra wakes and asks him to prioritize finishing , saying that this will help her to recover.
- Johnson and May are nearly caught by the HYDRA agents, but are rescued by , Coulson, and Mackenzie. Mackenzie threatens to kill May for having kept his daughter hostage, but Johnson convinces him to let her live.
- On arrival at the , Simmons figures out Aida's plan: creating a reactor which will enable her to produce living matter in the real world, and thus become human herself.
- Alistair Fitz informs Leopold that the HYDRA team failed to apprehend the fugitives. Leopold gets angry at his father, who quickly chastises him for his behavior.
- Arriving at the Playground, Johnson confirms Simmons' story of the real world to Ward, which he had previously refused to believe in.
In the meantime, S.H.I.E.L.D. raids the HYDRA Broadcasting Center
- Alistair Fitz goes to interrogate , but Radcliffe refuses to talk, mocking him in response. Alistair proceeds to beat him for his insolence.
- : At the Playground, Coulson has Johnson understand that in order to achieve her goal, she must weaken HYDRA within the Framework. Therefore, the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents storm the studio where show is recorded.
- visits in her hospital bed to inform her that is complete.
- After holding Bakshi and his staff hostage, Ward and Johnson have a conversation about what is real and what is not. They wish each other well as they part ways.
on the subversive broadcast
- S.H.I.E.L.D. then broadcasts a subversive message featuring Coulson, where the former history teacher proudly announces his allegiance to S.H.I.E.L.D., and reveals HYDRA's lies and secrets, thanks to the footage recorded by May's body cam during the the day before.
- informs Aida that his men are on the verge of attacking the , where Daisy Johnson and Jemma Simmons are, both of whom are threatening the Framework. Aida orders Ivanov to prepare for the final phase of her plan, since Fitz has completed Project Looking Glass in the Framework.
The team onMeanwhile, ten days after connecting and to the , the other agents aboard the are running out of options - the Framework draws a great deal of the plane's power, forcing them to turn off all the non-vital functions such as heating.
- In order to keep the Framework running, suggests disabling the plane's cloaking. disagrees, as the cloaking is the only thing which protects them from 's attacks. However, decides to follow Piper's suggestion, and the Zephyr One reappears in the sky.
- and reunite following Johnson's from the and Simmons' mission to the Baltic Sea.
and discuss what to do about FitzSimmons tells Johnson about 's plan to create a living body to implant her consciousness into, so as to be a real person with her own free will, and Johnson then informs her of the existence of the backdoor built by .
- The two S.H.I.E.L.D. agents decide to go there to open the portal and get back to the real world with , , and . Simmons reluctantly agrees that is out of their reach for the moment, and that they must leave him in the Framework for now, to get him back later.
- Coulson tells May about the real world, but despite his explanation, she is very skeptical.
- At the Triskelion, interrogates Radcliffe to find out what he and Skye discussed when the two were imprisoned in adjacent cells the day before.
Fitz interrogates RadcliffeAt first, Radcliffe refuses to speak, saying that he is already dead in the real world, and that living in such a horrible version of the Framework, without , means nothing to him.
- However, Fitz seemingly persuades Radcliffe to change his opinion by telling him of the possibilities offered by : Radcliffe could upload his consciousness into a brand new body in the real world, and could even have as many bodies as he desires in the future, thus achieving his long-running transhumanist dream of immortality. Radcliffe accepts, but only because he knows that Fitz will now go to the backdoor's location and hopefully be returned to the real world, ending his time as 's puppet.
- Simmons talks to May about Fitz, and realizes that his ruthless personality in the Framework is due to his relationship with .
Simmons confrontsresolves to find in order to force him to help her get Leo Fitz back. Going to his home, when he answers the door, she holds a gun to him.
- and discuss the plan to escape the . He tells Johnson that Simmons left base an hour ago, concerning her, as this was not planned.
- Simmons' encounter goes wrong when Alistair calls his son and asks him to come and arrest Simmons. A brief fight ensues between him and Simmons, and Alistair's avatar is accidentally killed. Simmons, horrified, flees before Leopold and the agents arrive.
- reveals to Johnson that Simmons went after Alistair Fitz.
Fitz discovers his father's corpseWhen Fitz finds the dead body of his father, he decides to get revenge on Simmons and kill her.
- Meanwhile, Simmons returns to the . Johnson tells Mackenzie that if he comes with her and the other agents, they have a way of finally defeating , and does not reveal the truth of why she needs him to come to the backdoor, to get him home to the real world. Johnson, Simmons, Coulson, May, Mackenzie, and take a and fly to the Framework's exit.
- Understanding that the situation is slipping out of her control with the murder of Alistair Fitz and the rebellion growing stronger, decides to progress to the next phase of her plan as soon as possible
Madame Hydra in the Frameworkactivates the reactor she built in the real world, beginning the synthesis of her new human body.
- The coordinates provided by Radcliffe lead Johnson and her teammates to a steel mill, instead of a city park like Radcliffe had originally designed for the location. Aida had indeed discovered the backdoor, and hidden it beneath a bulk of molten steel.
- When the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents begin to argue about what they should do, Mackenzie gets angry at Johnson for not telling him about the real world. Johnson and Simmons then figure out that Johnson could use her powers to reveal the backdoor, but before they can proceed, a team of HYDRA agents storm the steel mill. Several agents are taken down, but Coulson is shot multiple times.
- May goes to his rescue, and he persuades her to push him through the portal, knowing he has nothing to lose now. He asks her to follow, before making it through; May soon follows him, finally convinced.
Coulson about to wake up in the real world
- May and Coulson wake in the real world, and discover Aida, connected to the . Coulson destroys Aida's android body.
- Fitz, accompanied by Radcliffe, finds Simmons. She apologizes for what happened with Alistair and desperately tries to make her boyfriend regain his real consciousness, but remains unsuccessful. As Fitz prepares to shoot her, Radcliffe suddenly disarms him, revealing his true reason for coming to the backdoor. He forces Fitz to the portal and pushes him through, successfully taking him back to the real world, hoping he has somewhat atoned for his mistakes. Simmons follows.
Simmons escapes from the Framework
- Simmons wakes up in just as Ivanov's men are about to attack and shoot down the plane.
- Johnson tells Mackenzie it is his turn to leave, but despite her insistence, he refuses to return to the real world, since his daughter is alive in the Framework and he feels he simply cannot live a life without her; even if the life is virtual, she feels too real to him to leave her behind for a world where Hope did not make it. Crying at losing her old partner, Johnson reluctantly returns to the real world alone.
- Johnson wakes on the Zephyr One and apologizes sadly to Rodriguez for leaving Mackenzie behind. However, Rodriguez does not have time to argue as Ivanov's attack comes.
Fitz talks to Aida
- At 's naval base, Coulson and May try to calm down Fitz, who is horrified by what he has done in the Framework, especially since his actions led to the deaths of and . While Fitz is still in distress, Aida arrives in her newly created human body. She smiles at Fitz and has him touch her hands, entrancing him again like in the Framework. Fitz, puzzled, is slow to react, and cannot move away, therefore obstructing May from shooting Aida. Suddenly, Aida teleports, displaying an ability similar to the , and takes Fitz away with her, much to Coulson and May's dismay. hears the commotion and arrives in time to watch Aida take Fitz.
Alphonso Mackenzie talks to his daughterMackenzie returns to the to spend time with his daughter, telling her that everything he needs in his life is right there.
- At the , and are confronted by , who is now able to kill them since obtained her biological body, lifting all restrictions on killing others. Ivanov attacks May and Coulson, withstanding several bullets and easily knocking May down thanks to his enhanced mechanical body, but is finally destroyed when Coulson uses his in retaliation. However, Coulson and May quickly discover that they will have to deal with several copies of Ivanov around the base.
sees that Ivanov's men are preparing to attack the Zephyr One
- Aboard the , and are finally awake, enabling the crew to restore the plane's power into the weapon system.
- They lock themselves in a room and May uses the time to catch up on all the events she missed, including the final assault on and the disappearance of .
- Though the Zephyr One is heavily damaged because of the assaults of Ivanov's men, and manage to get rid of their enemy. The plane then flies to the Ivanov Oil Platform in order to rescue the rest of the team.
Fitz and Aida on the beachAfter teleporting and herself to a beach, Aida enjoys the sensations provided by her brand new biological body. Fitz then confronts her about what happened in the Framework, holding her accountable for manipulating him. Aida replies that she only repaired his relationship with , and did so out of care; she confesses that she feels love for Fitz. She then teleports them again.
- On the way, blames Johnson for leaving in the , despite Johnson explaining that Mackenzie felt he could not leave .
- Coulson works out where he and May are from his Framework knowledge about the Cold War, as a history teacher.
in the real world
- Simmons and Johnson learn that is once again considered dangerous by the authorities after the destruction of the , with speaking on WHiH about the suspicion that Johnson has something to do with it.
- In an apartment designed to look familiar to Fitz, Aida walks in, fully dressed. Fitz is still highly troubled and worries about his friends. He tries to make Aida empathize and help him rescue them.
- At the oil platform, Coulson and May are still struggling to fight their way out. They manage to destroy more of Ivanov's clones. However, the intends to leave the base with his submarine and to destroy the facility.
and successfully rescue during the Escape from the Ivanov Oil PlatformFitz persuades Aida to help and she teleports into the base and tries to stop the Superior. However, Aida fails and Ivanov leaves.
- Aida returns to the apartment to get Fitz and then teleports back to the oil platform.
- In the meantime, Coulson brings May to the surface and at the same moment, the Zephyr One finally arrives.
- Aida returns to the oil platform, rescuing Mackenzie by teleporting him, and the Framework equipment to which he is still connected, onto the plane. Despite this, Simmons shoots Aida and Fitz with an and the team places them in the plane's .
Coulson after arriving at theThe team returns to a destroyed Playground and lock Fitz and Aida in one of the remaining Containment Modules, waiting for them to wake. They further discuss what happened in the Framework and how they feel now that they are back,with Simmons fearing that Fitz could still be a cruel and ruthless person, and still in love with Aida.
- decides to monitor the Containment Module's video feed in order to hear their conversations. After waking up, Fitz and Aida also discuss what happened in the alternate reality, with Fitz still traumatized by the evil nature he displayed because of the education provided by a father figure, much like .
gets angryHe also laments over the fact that his friends may never forgive him and that his future with Simmons could now be destroyed. Aida tries to comfort him, but she mistakenly thinks that Fitz is still in love with her after their liaison in the Framework. Therefore, when Fitz states that he still loves Simmons and only her, it angers her, and with her impassioned new feelings, this anger and heartbreak quickly drives her insane.
- Aida assaults Fitz and tries to escape with him so as to force him to be with her, whether he wants it or not. However, her teleportation abilities are blocked by the in the module. Simmons tries to go to the module to extract Fitz, but she, along with Coulson, May, and Johnson, are stopped by soldiers sent by Talbot.
Talbot arrives at theWhile Coulson tries to explain the situation, Fitz is pulled out of the module by Piper, Davis, and . Aida, who acquired several capabilities like 's electrokinesis, uses her powers to escape and chases them. She kills several soldiers, as well as both Prince and Davis, but Fitz and Piper manage to get onboard Zephyr One. Fitz orders them to take off immediately and Talbot reluctantly agrees to let the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents go.
- Aboard the plane, Fitz remains in the Containment Module. After hesitating, Simmons decides to join him and comforts him. The two of them cry together, traumatized, but finally reunited. In another part of the plane, Coulson and Johnson discover that Rodriguez has plugged herself into the Framework in order to bring Mackenzie to the real world.
The talks toFilled with anger and a desire for revenge, Aida returns to Ivanov's submarine. Ivanov explains that they could use the knowledge of the to rebuild the world of the in the real world, thus restoring Aida's domination over everyone and everything. She agrees, stating that she wants her enemies to suffer.
- The details of the autopsy of are revealed to the public.
- Several agencies of espionage decide to hold a meeting so as to decide 's fate, after realizing they lied about Mace being an .
- Having been trapped in for several weeks, doing the bidding of the in the wake of the deal he had made, Robbie Reyes finally discovers a way to return to .
Ghost Rider returns from
- Several hours after Alphonso Mackenzie decided to stay with Hope, Elena Rodriguez, who has uploaded her consciousness into the in order to rescue him, wakes in the virtual reality to find herself strapped to a chair in a building on fire. She screams in despair at her hopeless situation.
talks with the team
- Aboard the , and his team are still trying to figure out a way to fight and stop Aida, who has become incredibly dangerous since she acquired a human body. and discuss Aida's powers, which she obtained by assessing various in the , such as , , and . However, they end up arguing about what they have to do next to deal with Aida.
- Meanwhile, keeps monitoring the vitals of and , who are still trapped in the Framework. Johnson tries to make adjustments to the programming so as to help Rodriguez, but soon discovers that Aida is shutting down the Framework, deleting every element in it and thus threatening Rodriguez and Mackenzie's lives.
Johnson discovers that Aida is deleting the and its contentsJohnson and Fitz try to figure out a way to keep their friends alive as long as possible.
- Rodriguez is still tied up to an experimentation chair in the when a agent finds her. As he prepares to kill her, Rodriguez is suddenly saved by . He explains that he followed a trail of yo-yos, which Rodriguez realizes must have been programmed in by Johnson.
fights: Aida is telling her LMDs that she wants S.H.I.E.L.D. to suffer, just as Ghost Rider arrives. Ghost Rider quickly dispatches the LMDs, and realizes that Aida has acquired a living body thanks to the Darkhold. Before he can seize either her or Ivanov, however, Aida teleports away, but not before being injured by Reyes' - a wound that she cannot recover from.
- As Simmons realizes that there are 12-20 hours left until the Framework is completely gone, calls Coulson and informs him that an International Intelligence Inquiry Committee session is planned for the following morning, and asks Coulson to attend and explain what has happened since the destruction of the .
- Coulson refuses, claiming that it would endanger the lives of all the people present.
, , , and discussJohnson finds Ghost Rider and brings him onto Zephyr One, where he explains that Aida is made of dark matter, just like the Darkhold, and that the inside him wants to take them both back to Hell, where they belong. He claims that he might be able to stop Aida once and for all.
- Radcliffe takes to the to see Mackenzie. Mackenzie is organizing the evacuation of the refugees, though he is worried by the sudden disappearances of many objects due to the Framework shutting down.
The Superior argues with TalbotAt the committee session, discusses with the other agencies about why must remain active.
- However, and infiltrate the meeting and show the to the committee, proposing to use it against the .
- Before he can do anything, Talbot is shot in the head by an .
- Coulson, , Johnson, and arrive to eliminate the LMDs and retrieve the .
and team upGhost Rider and Quake team up to destroy Ivanov's android and all the LMDs at the complex, including Johnson's LMD.
- However, Aida escapes again, but this time without the Darkhold.
- The team and Ghost Rider return to the Zephyr One. Ghost Rider wants to take the Darkhold to , but Coulson asks him to postpone this idea, since they could use it to lure Aida into a trap first.
- tries to convince Alphonso Mackenzie to leave the alternate reality and go back to the real world with her, but he is still not ready to give up on a life with his daughter , even when everything in the Framework is disappearing in front of them.
Coulson as the , after being possessed by the Spirit of Vengeance earlier in the dayIn order to kill , transfers the to temporarily, who makes a deal with the Spirit to allow him to kill Aida.
- They all return to the in order to lure Aida. As Fitz and Simmons talk, Aida suddenly teleports in beside them.
- Rodriguez talks to Radcliffe about her inability to convince Mackenzie to come home. During the conversation, overhears Rodriguez say that she is not real, upsetting her.
Aida confronts Fitz and SimmonsAida confronts Fitz by threatening to kill Simmons if he does not comply to her demands.
- Coulson tells May the reason why he drank the bottle of Haig with her .
- Fitz tells Aida he is ready to obey, but Aida chooses to kill Simmons nonetheless. However, unbeknownst to her, Simmons was replaced by a first. The real Simmons shoots Aida multiple times as she tries to get the Darkhold from Coulson. Aida mocks them, saying that they cannot stop them, when Coulson reveals that he has borrowed the powers of the Spirit of Vengeance and transforms into the Ghost Rider. After a short fight, Aida is finally killed.
tries to comfort
- : Rodriguez decides to stay in the Framework with Mackenzie, waiting for their death together. However, when Hope finally disappears, Mackenzie finally agrees to leave the Framework with Rodriguez by using a backdoor created by Johnson.
- Mackenzie and Rodriguez wake up on .
- swims in a pool at his home, then chooses to spend a long period of time completely submerged.
- Mackenzie and Rodriguez discuss their time in the Framework, with Mackenzie saying that even if it did not last long, he is happy to have had some moments to share with Hope, but he is ready to spend time in the real world with Rodriguez, another person he loves, beside him.
Enoch prepares to capture Coulson's teamAfter his swim, Enoch takes coconut water from the fridge and removes him synthetic human skin to shower in his true extraterrestrial form. Replacing his synthetic skin after the shower, he then dresses and heads out for another job.
- Enoch drives to work, feeling light-hearted. On arrival, a man greets him and offers him potential disguise designs for the side of his truck, which appear instantaneously. Agreeing on Bendeery English Ale, he boards the truck. Having the knowledge from that would be at soon, and his men drive to the restaurant and prepare to abduct them.
- At the , gives the to , who uses the Hellfire Chain to create an and take the book back to .
- After learning that the authorities are coming after them, Fitz offers to turn himself over while the rest of the team leave in order to make amends for his mistakes. The others refuse, saying that they have forgiven him, and that they must stay together.
- , who still imprisoned in the as he no longer has an actual body in the real world, goes to a beach and toasts the end of the only world he has left, before vanishing, finally deleted, killed entirely.
The team is arrested
- leaves for the diner at 20:17, and arrive at 20:54, where they enjoy a simple meal before their inevitable arrest. then enters the diner at 21:44, leading an armed squad. They freeze the agents using an unidentified device, and take everyone but Fitz away. When a member of Enoch's team check about Fitz, he confirms that he should not be taken, as he is not on "the list".
- The team, still frozen, is led to the before the "window" closes. As soon as they wake back up, it liquifies and they are swept away to a space station .
Fitz is arrested by the U.S. Armed Forces
- Fitz comes out of the frozen state he was put into and finds his friends gone. The arrive and arrest him, confused as to where the other six have gone.
- At , is interrogated about the whereabouts of his friends, but insists that he does not know what is going on.
- Fitz is thrown in a cell at the facility.
- The next morning, Fitz is taken for a polygraph test. This shows the army lieutenants and general that he is telling the truth, and Fitz asks to help them in their search.
- General agrees with Lieutenants and that she will allow Fitz to have papers, pens, books, and a TV.
Fitz starts to work on what could have happened to his friends
- Fitz watches soccer in his cell and has been given some books.
- Food is delivered to Fitz in his cell, and he eats.
- does push-ups to keep fit as a soccer game plays on his TV.
- Fitz works through the night. His main cell light is turned off, so he turns on a lamp.
Fitz draws a 17th monkey face
- watches another soccer game, becoming angry at a player's performance.
- He is taken from his cell and asked by the army what information he has for them now.
Fitz presents his findings to Evans
- Fitz tells them that he has been wondering if his previous brain trauma was exacerbated by the , and he may have suffered Prodromal Schizophrenia and done something to his friends without realizing. reassures him that everyone in restaurant had the same lapse in memory, and he is not responsible.
- Before returning to his cell, Fitz asks Evans to have his letter posted to fanzine Ballblaster Hooligan in the , complaining about the Liverpool goalkeeper's performance at the end of the season.
- Evans and discuss what to do about the letter, but ultimately decide to send it once it has been analyzed for any secret code.
Fitz's 28th monkey face
- Fitz draws his 28th monkey face on the wall.
- 28 monkey faces are on Fitz's cell wall, having not yet drawn that day's 29th.
- Fitz looks at the faces, then the timings from the night of May 12th written on his wall, and works on a formula, all while listening to the soccer.
- Fitz receives the July 2017 edition of Ballblaster Hooligan, shipped over to the on his request, in which his letter has been published. He continues to write in to each month's issue, hoping to get the attention of .
Fitz does exercise in his cell
- With a soccer game on, Fitz turns on his light and flicks through his work. He rips out a page and scrunches it into a ball, frustrated at not yet finding an answer to what has happened to his friends.
- Fitz does push-ups again, keeping to his fitness regime.
- Later in the soccer game, Fitz becomes angry about a free kick not being awarded. He shakes his TV, angry at both the game and his predicament.
- Yet again, does push-ups in his cell to train himself and let out stress.
Fitz talks to Evans
- Fitz draws his 49th monkey face on his cell wall, to mark his 49th morning in incarceration.
- Taken to see once again, Fitz attempts to explain his latest theory, before returning to his cell to continue his work.
- Fitz begins to run out of ideas for what has happened to his friends.
- Fitz is given the August 2017 edition of Ballblaster Hooligan, the second to publish a letter he has sent in.
Fitz achieves nothing
Mordo steals 's power
- The September 2017 issue of Ballblaster Hooligan is delivered to Fitz, containing the third consecutive letter he has sent in.
- Fitz studies the work on his walls from the last 4 months.
- Ballblaster Hooligan's October 2017 issue is delivered to , including, for the fourth time in a row, another letter he sent to the editor.
- Fitz bangs his head on his wall, frustrated and feeling hopeless.
November 2017 edition of Ballblaster Hooligan
- A worker delivers Fitz the latest, November 2017 issue of Ballblaster Hooligan - the fifth consecutive edition in which he has a letter published in the inside cover. He checks the letter, then tosses it aside, hoping that will eventually come to his aid.
- The is released in the United States of America, device that would be acquired by .
18thThis section requires
Thor, while imprisoned inhas allowed himself to be captured by in order to obtain more information about the , after not finding anything in the last 2 years. He tells the story of his current predicament to a skeleton who sits with him in his cell.
- lowers Thor from his cage to hang from chains in front of him. However, Thor only laughs at Surtur, claiming that defeated him thousands of years ago. Surtur tells Thor that has been set in motion, and nothing is going to prevent it now that Odin has been absent from , to Thor's surprise and confusion.
Surtur interrogatesThe ruler of claims that he is going to bring the apocalypse to Asgard once he merges with the , but he comments that without his crown, he will not be able to do it.
- Thor uses to free himself and battle Surtur and his . He manages to knock his crown off, so he can never merge with the . Thor believes he has thus prevented Ragnarök.
- As is chased by a , he tries to return to by calling , not knowing that he has been exiled and replaced by .
Skurge, the new guardian of the Bifrost
- Meanwhile, tries to impress two ladies at the , but one of the ladies notice 's call and alerts Skurge, who brings Thor back. The fire dragon follows, but is decapitated as the Bifrost shuts off.
- Thor arrives at the just in time to watch a play "retelling" 's , with , still disguised as Odin, watching and enjoying it.
- orders one of the to take 's crown to . He then confronts "Odin", having deduced it to be his brother, and forces him to reveal himself to the people of as Loki. Loki tells Thor he took Odin away and that, he left them on .
- They both leave to find Odin.
Thor and Loki return to EarthIn , Thor and Loki realize that the where Odin was supposed to be has been demolished. As they talk, two women approach and ask him to take a selfie with them, to which Thor agrees. In response to one of the girls' comments about , explains to Loki that their relationship ended a while ago.
- At that moment, is suddenly snatched away through a magical portal in the ground, with an address card left behind, which points Thor towards Bleecker Street.
- visits the address, finding at the . Strange insists on knowing why the brothers are in New York, and whether or not they will leave when they are done, having taken Loki due to the potential danger he causes. Thor tells him that they are there to find , and will leave immediately when they have.
Doctor Strange talks with
- Strange, in turn, reveals that he knows where Odin is. He returns Loki from the location where he had left him falling for half an hour, then opens a portal for the brothers to , where Odin is residing. Loki moves to attack Strange, but Strange simply moves the portal to send the brothers on their way, closing it behind them.
- and find , who is nearing the end of his long life. He stands on the edge of the cliff, commenting that is beautiful, and reveals that it took him a while to break Loki's spell over him. He tells them that was calling out to him.
Thor and Loki in , immediately after their father's deathOdin then laments that is coming, and reveals the existence of , his oldest child and only daughter - his sons' older sister, whom they did not know about. Odin warns them that will be released from the prison he has held her in once he dies. Telling them that he considers them both to be his sons, and that he loves them, he finally passes away as his spirit ascends to .
- Upon his death, Hela is finally freed from her prison in , where she has resided for over 2500 years. Hela emerges in Norway, and mentions being sad to have missed 's death.
Hela catches Thor's hammerreveals that he is Odin's son, but Hela simply replies that he does not look like him, though Loki does sound like him. She demands that they kneel before her, their new "queen". Warned of the danger she poses, tries to stop his sister by throwing , however, to his horror, she catches the magic hammer and shatters it in her hand.
- As Hela prepares to attack her brothers, panics and calls for the , which is under the surveillance of and .
Hela attacking within the BifrostThey are taken to , however, Hela follows them into the Einstein-Rosen bridge. Scuffling with Loki, she manages to push him out of the Bifrost.
Sakaar - Day 1
- After being thrown out of the , is spat out from a wormhole onto the junk planet of , where many stray wormholes open. On Sakaar, time runs differently, with no direct correlation to elsewhere - sometimes the same, sometimes faster, sometimes slower. While less than a minute passes outside of Sakaar, Loki lives for a few weeks on the planet, becoming friends with the leader of the local , the .
Outside of Sakaar
Hela prepares to arrive at
- Still in the Bifrost, engages Thor in a duel. He escapes her grip, but he too is thrown out of the bridge.
- and stand at the Bifrost entrance awaiting their friend, but are surprised when it is not Thor who steps through, but Hela. She swiftly dispatches both warriors, and , also present, surrenders to her.
Sakaar - Day 25
- falls through another wormhole onto the surface of . He is approached by locals , who ask him if he is food. They attempt to capture him, when arrives in a ship to stop them.
Valkyrie captures ThorShe lowers her ramp, and swaggers down it while drinking, but falls off the ramp from her drunkenness. As the Sakaarans continue to attempt to take Thor, the woman, Scrapper 142, gets back up and engages blasters on her ship, controlled by gauntlets she wears. She takes out the Sakaarans, before capturing Thor for herself.
- Scrapper 142 flies Thor to the Sakaaran arena to deliver to the Grandmaster.
Outside of Sakaar
Hogun and the prepare to face Helaadvances on the , and is confronted by , the last of the , and the . She declares her lineage and demands their loyalty, but when they refuse, she extends her and prepares to battle.
- Hela enters into a fight with the knights, and despite their numbers, she is able to fight back with ease. Hela eventually slaughters the entire Einherjar army, before noticing Hogun, still alive. She takes pleasure from murdering him, beginning her conquest of Asgard.
leads the resistance
- scales the side of the rocks below the to steal , the Bifrost sword, for the Asgardian resistance.
Sakaar - Day 25
- Strapped to a chair, Thor is taken through a tunnel introducing the . He begins to panic when the tunnel ends and he is jolted into a meeting with the Elder himself - an eccentric man in colorful clothing, with an beside him.
- The Grandmaster enjoys teasing his cousin, , who he has strapped to another chair. Momentarily making him think he will set him free, the Grandmaster then gleefully uses his to kill him.
- Thor reunites with Loki, who reveals that he has been on Sakaar for weeks. He distances himself from Thor so as to maintain favor with the Grandmaster.
Korg welcomes Thor
- Thor is thrown into the slave quarters, where he meets two of the slave gladiators - , a , and , an insect alien with knives for hands. Korg introduces himself, and talks to him about the revolution he tried to start, and the .
Outside of Sakaar
- enters the with , and throws her into the ceiling of the main hall to bring the murals crashing down. As these fall, older murals are revealed underneath, revealing the true history of Asgard, of her and Odin's conquest of the - the history had tried to bury.
Hela using the
- breaks into , declaring the and other relics in the vault to be fake, the as a useless object, and 's crown smaller than she expected. She becomes interested in the , but declares the as the greatest of all. She gathers a handful of the fire, and cracks the floor, descending into the secret cavern beneath.
- In the cavern beneath the vault, Hela observes the decomposed bodies of her old army and pet . She hurls the handful of the Eternal Flame into the ground to use its power to resurrect the Berserker army and restore Fenris to full life.
Sakaar - Day 25
Loki during his stay on
- sends a conjured image of himself to see , who was mourning his . Loki attempts to convince Thor to abandon as Hela is stronger than both of them, and instead join him by the 's side, so eventually they can betray him and become the rulers of . Thor refuses and tells his brother to go away. As his projection disappears, attacks what he believed to be a ghost, realizing very late that he is gone.
Sakaar - Day 26
Korg talks to ThorKorg takes to choose his weapons. They discuss and then , who points out is . Buying alcohol near the gladiator's quarters, she is approached by , who tells her of the and 's return. Thor notices a tattoo on her wrist that reveals her as a , exciting him. However, the Valkyrie ignores Thor and leaves to watch the fight in the arena.
- Thor is taken by the 's followers to have his hair cut for the arena. The haircut is performed by the .
- and the arrive at the to witness the fight.
Loki and the during theenters the arena, putting on his helmet and picking up his weapons as he prepares to engage his contender. The watches the arena from her ship above.
- The introduces Thor, and the audience begins to call out for their favorite combatant, the champion. As the Grandmaster turns to introducing his champion, his call is cut short as the combatant breaks into the arena, revealing himself to be the , alive after his disappearance 2 years prior, but angered, crazed, and ready to battle. , overjoyed at seeing his former teammate, attempts to talk and negotiate with him, but makes the mistake of calling him "Banner".
Thor prepares to fight HulkAs he watches, becomes nervous and uncomfortable after seeing the Hulk, following their last encounter after the .
- Refusing to acknowledge Thor, despite his pleas and attempts to make him calm down, Hulk fights against his former ally. A gruelling duel takes place as both combatants smash and ruin parts of the arena from the force of their attacks.
- Thor tries 's calming technique on the Hulk, but it fails to work. Eventually, Hulk overpowers him during the battle, when Thor suddenly has a vision of , causing his lightning powers to surge.
Thor and Hulk duelAs the fight continues, manages to gain the upper hand. However, unwilling to see Hulk lose, since he is a fan favorite, the cheats and fixes the fight by activating the on Thor's neck, incapacitating him. attacks Thor and leaves him unconscious.
Outside of Sakaar
- Meanwhile, names as her executioner, gifting him with an she created with her powers.
Hela and Skurge during thetakes Skurge and her Berserker army to the to conquer the , but on arrival, discovers that the is gone. unable to begin her conquest without it, Hela sends her new soldiers to hunt down the resistance and retrieve the sword.
- guides to safety from the Berserkers and Hela.
Outside of Sakaar
- continues to help some reach a safe refuge, killing several of Hela's in the process.
Heimdall battles Hela's soldiersThe previous guardian of the Bifrost takes the Asgardians to the refuge, an old secret hall in a cliff-face, built by their ancestors.
Sakaar - Day 27
- After their fight, wakes up in Hulk's chamber. The two former allies have a conversation, and Thor keeps pleading for Hulk's assistance, but Hulk refuses to acknowledge their friendship, grumpily stating that likes Banner better. He does, however, reveal the location of the , nearby on .
- calls out to to help him see what is happening on .
Outside of Sakaar
Heimdall helping the
- hears Thor's call, and uses his powers to allow Thor to see what is happening in his home. After they talk, Thor tells Heimdall that he is not sure where he is or how to get back. Heimdall uses his vision to inform Thor that he is on a world surrounded by gateways, and he has to take the largest one to return to .
Sakaar - Day 27
- In the evening, refuses to return to , believing that everyone hated him there. He and argue again, but manage to reach an agreement as Thor convinces Hulk to help get his sparring partner, , to join them.
Sakaar - Day 28
- calls Valkyrie into his quarters, where Thor then starts a conversation with her. The two talk, and Thor manages to steal the remote for his control disk from her, taking the implant off, and then making his escape toward the .
- immediately follows Thor, not wanting his friend to leave the planet. He catches up to Thor at the jet, and accidentally destroys parts of it. In the accident, turns on 's recording left for Banner from the .
Hulk transforms back into Bruce BannerSeeing her, Hulk is subdued and Banner is awoken, and despite Hulk's attempts to resist, he transforms back into his human, Bruce Banner self after 2 years.
- Banner asks Thor what happened with and , being the last thing he remembers. Thor dismisses this, explaining that they won the fight, but it was . Soon, they hear an announcement from the that they are hunting Thor, due to believing that Thor has captured Hulk. The two former escape from the and start making their way through the city.
Thor and Banner walk through Sakaar
- As they hide, Banner voices his fear that after 2 years spent inside the Hulk, the monster might be taking over, and that if he ever transform back to Hulk again he might not be able to come back.
- and are sent to find Thor and Hulk by the .
- After finding out she was one of the , Loki makes Valkyrie recall . She retaliates, fighting and subsequently knocking out the God of Mischief.
- Thor asks Banner to help him fight his sister, Hela, but he refuses, scared of being taken over by the completely.
Thor and Banner are taken to by
- finds them and agrees to help, to get revenge on Hela, and names the team "the ". As they prepare, Thor finds her , and warns them not to trust , telling a story of how Loki once turned into snakes to play a trick on him. Loki, not wanting to remain stuck on Sakaar, tells Thor he has the 's security codes which will give him control over his systems.
- sends Valkyrie to deactivate the so the slaves can help steal the Grandmaster's ship. Around the gladiator quaters, the disks fall off, to Korg's delight. Being provided with a firearm by , he leads a .
- and team up and go to steal the 's , as it is one of the few ships able to get through the and into space, according to .
Thor and Loki prepare to steal theThor subtly places a on Loki, without him realizing. The brothers enter the hangar and manage to defeat the soldiers by using "Get Help", a technique the brothers have used before, where Loki pretends to be hurt to distract the enemies and bring them closer as Thor then throws his brother at them.
- then attempts to betray , but Thor incapacitates him with the control disk, having anticipated trickery from his brother, leaving him being shocked on the floor. Thor tells Loki that he knows he will always be the God of Mischief, but had hoped that he would have shown some capacity for growth.
Banner pilots theThe use the to head to the . , the 's bodyguard, chases , but is killed when Banner accidentally sets off fireworks on the vehicle, blinding her and thus causing her to crash. The Revengers manage to avoid the 's guards and get to the wormhole, escaping from .
- Meanwhile, and his companions break into the hangar bay to escape the planet. Korg finds a control disk remote, which he switches off, releasing , and they offer him a way off the planet with them.
Outside of Sakaar
Hela, the ruler of AsgardUnder the orders of , has civilians rounded up to demand the location of the . When nobody decides to speak, Hela tells him to execute a randomly chosen woman, and Skurge obliges, despite feeling uncomfortable with it. Just before he can do so, a civilian agrees to tell where the sword is.
- The comes out of the with the aboard. Thor informs them he has a man on the ground in Asgard, referring to and the plan they have agreed.
- Heimdall tells the that Hela has arrived at the fortress and begins to evacuate them. Hela breaks down the doors to the refuge.
- Meanwhile, Thor gives Valkyrie her former outfit to wear into battle.
Sakaar - Day 28
Korg leading the Sakaaran RebellionKorg's group then steal a large ship and escape , flying through the Devil's Anus towards .
Outside of Sakaar
- goes to the throne room of Asgard and takes his seat there, awaiting Hela.
- Hela breaks down the doors to the refuge, as the Asgardians use the opportunity to cross the , hoping to escape.
- mounts a gun and prepares to fight Hela's army.
Thor attracts Hela's attentionrealises that Thor is in the throne room, and leaves the refuge to go to confront him.
- Hela arrives at the palace to confront her brother. uses his father's spear, , to engage her in a battle, but Hela overpowers him.
- The , led by Heimdall, find themselves trapped on the Bifrost with on one side and Skurge and Hela's on the other. Skurge tells Heimdall to surrender as Fenris approaches them.
- Meanwhile, in the Asgardian Palace, tells Thor he is worth nothing, knocking him down. She strikes him across the face with a blade, slicing his eye out.
Fenris charges towards the AsgardiansDespite knowing he may never be able to turn back again, Banner decides to transform to take out Fenris. He jumps from the Commodore to become the , but when he falls, he simply hits the bridge still in human form. As Fenris lunges towards the , Banner belatedly transforms into the Hulk, grabbing the wolf from behind to fight him.
- Hela pins down and tells him she will get the .
- As , Heimdall, and the fight for their lives, arrives with Korg and his Sakaaran allies, enjoying the moment as he proclaims himself to be Asgard's savior.
attacks ThorHela teases about her victory and his lack of power without the hammer, asking, "What were you the god of, again?" At that moment, Thor sees in his mind, contacting him from . Odin tells Thor that Asgard is, in fact, not a place, but a people, and that the spirit of Asgard will live on even if the location does not. He reminds Thor that he is the god of thunder, revealing that was only a tool to channel his power, but that he still has true power within him. He leaves the vision, reminding his son that he is even stronger than him.
Thor's true powerscomes out of the vision and accesses his true strength to strike with lightning. He leaps at the , attacking her forces with giant bolts of electricity, using the strongest powers he has ever channelled.
- Thor and Valkyrie fight the Berserkers as wrestles with , eventually hurling him off of Asgard to fall into outer space.
- arrives at the Rainbow Bridge, and the assemble to fight her. With his powers in full force, Thor manages to resist Hela and carves through her army, but he realizes she is still too much for him.
Hela fighting at theHe and Loki realize that as long as exists, she will grow more powerful. With the prophecy saying that Asgard must fall, Thor realizes that they have to ensure it, not stop it, so as to save the Asgardians and take down Hela. Thor orders Loki to go to their father's vault and use the to resurrect the fire demon , as it is said that event is destined to take place when he, empowered by the flame, unleashes his rage upon the Asgard and consumes it in fire.
- Meanwhile, stows away on the ship, hiding among the other .
- and hold off while Loki goes to the to retrieve 's crow. While in the vault, Loki notices the on its pedestal.
Skurge makes his final stand forSome of Hela's Berserker soldiers climb on board the Asgardian ship as it tries to leave. Skurge reveals himself, using his guns to take them down.
- Skurge then proceeds to confront on the . He redeems himself in sacrifice as Hela kills him, but the ship makes it to safety because of his heroic actions.
- secretly retrieves the , then places 's crown in the to resurrect him to his full, true power.
Surtur is resurrectedAs Thor fights Hela, she says that he will not defeat her, to which he replies that while he cannot, can. As Loki escapes, Surtur erupts from and begins laying waste to the helpless city before him.
- leaps at Surtur to attack him, but is knocked back to the bridge. and convince Hulk to abandon the monster he so desperately wants to fight and help them jump onto the Asgardians' ship instead.
- Hela attempts to continue to fight as Surtur, as foretold in the prophecy, thrusts his blade straight through . Hela is presumed dead under the impact and the structures of Asgard come crashing down in fire.
Surtur destroys AsgardThe and survivors watch on from the ship as Asgard is utterly destroyed. The realm is obliterated in an explosion, reduced to rocks and ashes before their eyes.
Sakaar - Day 28
- The emerges from a hiding spot and addresses the about their . He desperately uses one last remaining trick, attempting to seem clever, and to convince the rebels that they have benefited each other - that they could not have had their rebellion if not for him. The then suggests that perhaps they "call it a tie".
Outside of Sakaar
- wears a new eye-patch to cover his missing right eye. visits him, surprising Thor when he reveals that he has actually come in person, rather than as a conjured image. The two brothers share a moment, acknowledging the maturity and begrudging respect they have reached in their relationship.
becomes the King of
- Thor walks among the people he has saved, who make way for him to walk through to the seat at the forefront of the ship. He reaches the chair, serving as the new throne, and finally assumes his mantle as the new king of .
- The group wonder where the Asgardian people should travel to to rebuild Asgard. Thor makes the decision, and the ship sets off for their destination: .
- Fitz receives the December 2017 edition of Ballblaster Hooligan, publishing another of his letters for the sixth consecutive time.
- plays before going to school.
plays Star Wars Battlefront while his father talks to himAlex is approached by his dad, , and tells him that the reason he has not played it in 2 years is that it is the game he and his friend, , had played together before she died. Geoffrey tries to comfort him, but Alex rejects the sympathy and goes to have breakfast with his mother, . They talk briefly about his attitude, and how his parents gave him space after Minoru died, but that it was time to stop being introverted. His father suggests that he meet up with his , the other children of the members of , a small organization which the Wilder parents are also a part of. He tells Alex to value the friendships he has at this age, and not let them slip away.
- gets ready for school. She puts on her makeup, then she tries to put on black tights, which end up ripping. She decides to go to get a better pair from her 's room.
Nico and Tina Minoru in Amy's room
- , Amy and Nico's mother, watches her daughter entering Amy's room from cameras in the house. She goes to confront Nico, reminding her that it is forbidden for her to enter Amy's room. Nico ignores her mother and, on her way out, accidentally knocks over one of Amy's trophies, breaking it. She tries to apologize to her mother, who simply orders her to leave.
- does weight training in his room. He is interrupted by his mother, , who tells him that it is time to have breakfast. Chase asks her if his father is at the breakfast table, which she confirms.
- drives off to school after breakfast. His parents talk, with his father, Geoffrey, being uncomfortable about the meeting.
Chase Stein is intimidated by his father
- At breakfast, Chase's father, , reproaches him for only achieving a C in Spanish, acting cold and intimidating towards his son.
- and her father, attend a church service at the .
- Chase Stein prepares to leave for school. He argues with his mother about his dad, saying that Victor is rude and aggressive, and that he is getting tired of him - that he cannot wait to go to college next year and get away from him. His mother, gets a call, which Chase is surprised by, unaware that Victor even let her have friends. She rejects the call, not wanting Chase to know that it was from Nico Minoru's , her secret lover.
Stein works on the
- Chase's father, Victor Stein, works on the , but his experimentation fails. He opens the box and is angered to find the rat he was testing with is still there. Janet, Chase's mother, tries to comfort her husband, who is suffering from headaches. She reminds him of the meeting that evening, wondering if he could reach out for help.
- leaves after the Gibborim service to meet with his agent, . then tries to convince her mother, , to sign a special permission slip for a field trip to San Francisco that evening, but Leslie rejects it, telling her daughter that she has a Vanity Fair shoot, and claiming that she cannot miss it, since she is the millennial face of the .
Leslie Dean is approached by Aura and FrancesKarolina expresses her annoyance that her mother pays her little attention or care and leaves for school. Leslie is then approached by two members of the , and , and informed that did not attend the service and is missing.
- Phil meets with outside the , where he tells him that he is no longer going to work with him. After expressing his reasons - that he was too busy being the face of the to continue his burnt-out career - Phil encourages Dean to enjoy his newfound benefits inside the Church, urging him to talk with Leslie and take a more prominent role in the organization.
The Yorkes parents take Molly Hernandez and Gert to school
- and are taken to school, , by Yorkes' parents, and , who adopted Hernandez after her parents died in a fire 10 years ago. After an awkward conversation, Yorkes and Hernandez abandon the car quickly.
- watches as all of his old friends now ignore each other before school. He calls his mother and asks her for permission to invite them to their house that night, like how they always used to. agrees, despite her husband's reservations about having the teenagers in the house while the meeting is happening. Catherine dismisses this, saying that as teenagers, the last thing they would care about is what their parents are doing.
Jonah is visited by Leslie Dean
- Meanwhile, enters a room with fingerprint security in which is terribly sick, covered in grey crust and in a special life-support machine.
- Meanwhile, Alex's parents prepare to set up the meeting that night.
- Nico's parents, Tina and Robert Minoru, discuss the current situation between Tina and Nico. Tina decides to seal Amy's room with the , although Robert does not think that that is the solution since, if they continue like this, they could lose Nico due to the conflict with her mother.
The Yorkeses' Deinonychus' tail
- After dropping off the girls, , Gert's mother, informs her husband, , of the PRIDE meeting, which he had forgotten about. They express their annoyance at having to go, with Stacey also being bitter at Tina Minoru's insults of her homemade brie. Dale prefers not to go, but Stacey says that if anyone deserved a night off it is her, having taken care of their the night before.
- gives a feminist talk in class and proposes the creation of a group, "Undermining the Patriarchy", needing 4 members for it to be officially recognized by the school, but her classmates pay her no attention. After this, Wilder approaches Stein to invite him to his house that evening, but when Yorkes and Dean approach to ask what is happening, tension arises between the teenagers and it becomes clear that a meet-up may be impossible.
- In the construction site of a supposed school being built by , a small group of gangsters, led by , arrive and threaten the workers to get them to leave, intending to use the situation to threaten .
Geoffrey Wilder tells Catherine about the situation
- In the secret passageway in the , Geoffrey and Catherine Wilder are preparing for the meeting when Geoffrey gets a call from , the head of the construction work, informing him of the situation with Davis. Geoffrey decides with his wife that he needs to resolve the issue in order to keep the construction on its feet.
- is approached by , who has discovered Gonzalez's plan to leave. Gonzalez thanks Dean for her help over the last 6 months, and reveals that she has a daughter who is turning 3 today, and she had promised herself that she would never miss another birthday for her. Dean, however, asks her to wait, claiming she has a surprise for her - that Gonzalez will be advancing in the to "Ultra" status.
- Unfortunately, Gonzalez agrees to stay a bit longer for the ceremony.
- Geoffrey Wilder arrives at the construction site and confronts , threatening him by threatening his grandmother, showing him a camera that is directly recording everything about of her house implying that he could have her killed if Davis continues to mess with him. Davis agrees not to meddle with the construction of the school and returns to his car, where he discovers that his plan worked: while they talked, he managed to clone the contents of Wilder's cell phone.
- auditions to be part of the of the dance squad, but experiences what seems to be bad menstrual cramps, and is unable to continue the tryout. Hernandez heads to the nurse's office.
- asks his teacher to reconsider his grade in Spanish by allowing him to retake the midterm exam, but he refuses, telling him he simply has to work harder for next time.
Yorkes talks to Chase Stein
- , who has heard everything, approaches Stein. She offers to help him with studying Spanish, and Stein suggests that they meet at a cafe that evening. Yorkes accepts.
- finally finds near the trophy cases and tells her about the meet-up that night, and confesses that he misses her. She indicates to him that she has not heard him because of her earbuds, but is lying, only turning on music afterwards as she heads to the girls' bathroom to cry.
- sees an edit of a photo she uploaded earlier in the day, mocking her with the word "Brainwashed" replacing "Blessed". Dean visits the girls' bathroom to cry as well.
Minoru and Dean talk briefly
- Dean hears how Minoru enters the bathroom. Both, face to face, pretend to be perfectly fine. Dean suggests her not using makeup to hide, but Minoru tells her not to hide behind a smile, because "it's still hiding".
- is given meds at the nurse's office. When the nurse steps out, her powers suddenly emerge as she uses super-strength to accidentally crush her chair. This relieves her discomfort, the repression having been the true source of her pain.
- asks his wife, Leslie, to allow him to move to Ultra position and become her partner in both life and the . She suspects that his meeting with Phil did not go well and led to this request. She decides to leave for the meeting without her husband.
Karolina Dean's interview by Vanity Fair
- is recorded for an interview by in order to promote the , as her mother requested. She is approached by , who tells Karolina that she is incredibly grateful all the help her mother, Leslie, has given her.
- Back home, tries out her powers in the garage. She tries to pull a van but fails, instead going to bend a crowbar, just as the van beings to roll towards her from behind. Hernandez notices and turns. Her powers suddenly activate to stop it, and she cheers at her success, before suddenly becoming very tired and slumping against the wall.
- The meeting begins with the Wilders, Minorus, Deans, Yorkeses, and Steins all attending. They make an awkward small talk.
- gets home and walks into the meeting, where he talks briefly with his mother, telling her that none of his friends agreed to come over, before leaving the room. The parents agree that since 's death, their children have all been affected.
- Wilder puts on a record and sits down to play again.
- As the sun goes down, stands on the beach by a fire, preparing for an invocation seance ritual. The sun sets over .
Geoffrey Wilder comments on his discomfort
- At the PRIDE meeting, passes the file on , that night's sacrifice, to all the members. is uncomfortable with the idea, because their previous sacrifices were all 16-20, older than their children, but now their children have reached the same age as their victim - 17. Despite this, the whole group reluctantly agrees that they have to go ahead. The PRIDE members descend to the hidden passage and change into their ceremonial robes.
- is driven to a party across the city, and looks out of the window.
- waits for at the cafeteria, preparing cards to help his Spanish revision.
- Stein, meanwhile, arrives at the party which he had been invited to earlier that day, right after setting his meeting with Yorkes.
- Dean continues to travel to the party.
Wilder turns on the PlayStation game
- sits playing Star Wars Battlefront, deeply missing his friends.
- lights candles.
- Stein drinks at the party, but feels guilty for skipping his meeting with Yorkes.
- Yorkes becomes nervous as Stein has still not arrived.
- Wilder paces his room, looking at his cell phone.
- sees an advert for the outside her window, with her and her parents representing the church. This saddens her, thinking of how it has affected the opinion of her among her peers.
- Minoru lays down the candles around a bonfire she has started.
- Wilder finds a photo of all of him, Nico Minoru, Gert Yorkes, Chase Stein, Karolina Dean, and Molly Hernandez all together a couple of years prior. He sends the photo out to the other 5 to attempt to remind them of their good times together.
- Dean's driver drops her off and she enters the party.
- Yorkes texts her adoptive sister, , asking her to feed the pets at home, seeing as she will not be getting home soon. Hernandez's phone alert wakes her.
- Dean is handed a pill at the party. Wishing to finally break free of her mother's control, she decides to open her bracelet for the firs time. Once it is opened, Dean's arms appear to light up with bright colors.
Karolina Dean's powers
- Karolina stares in awe, before suddenly passing out. and , Stein's friends from school, see Dean's unconscious body and carry her upstairs. Stein notices and, concerned, follows the boys.
- feeds the pets in the basement. She hears noises from the "Warning: Keep Out" room, and approaches the window. As she looks through, her adoptive parents' suddenly advances on the window, and Hernandez runs, terrified. She calls her sister, saying that she wants to leave the house, and Yorkes decides that she has waited long enough for Stein, leaving the cafeteria to go to pick up Hernandez.
Chase Stein prepares to defend Dean
- Arriving upstairs, finds Brandon and Lucas unbuckling the unconscious 's belt, preparing to sexually assault her. Horrified, especially when his supposed friends ask him to help, Stein apprehends them and gets in a fight. The duo give up, deciding it is not worth it, and leave. Stein puts Dean's belt back on and clicks her bracelet back into place. She wakes, and he takes Dean out of the party and to her car. She tells him about the lights, which he attributes simply to drug-taking, and she does not pursue the conversation further. Dean asks Stein to stay with her in the car, and they set off, deciding not to go to her home, but instead the . She drops the pill she was given out of her window, having not, in fact, taken any drugs.
Nico Minoru starts to cry
- On the beach, 's seance does not work. She starts to cry, and finally decides to also go to Wilder's home, having seen his message.
- Having prepared over the previous few hours, calls the leaders to inform them that they are ready on their end, and await .
- One of 's closes with inside in preparation for Gonzalez's sacrifice in the other.
- and , coming from the party, and , coming together, and , coming from the beach, all show up at the . is very pleased to have his finally reunited.
Leslie Dean approaches Gonzalez
- informs that the ceremony to go Ultra is about to begin, and takes her to the ceremony room below the Wilder Mansion.
- The group of friends ask for suggestions on what to do next. Arguing amongst themselves, and not deciding on anything, Stein decides that if they are going to address the last 2 years of separation, he at least wants alcohol, and heads off to Geoffrey Wilder's office, where he remembers liquor used to be kept.
- 's last preparations are made before the ceremony begins.
The group discovers the passageway
- The group enters 's living room, where they notice that their parents are gone. reaches for coasters, but finds them stuck together. He twists the stack, and this triggers a mechanism, opening a secret passageway in the dresser which he was not aware of.
- The group head down the passageway, wondering where it may lead to.
- Arriving at an underground hall, the group are confused as to what is happening, seeing all but Dean's parents in red robes preparing for some sort of ritual. Wilder realizes that their parents cannot hear them, as there is some sort of protective sound barrier.
The groups witnesses the ritual
- Stein questions what kind of charity meeting would be like this as enters with a confused , and Karolina is shocked to find her mother involved as well. Gonzalez asks Leslie who the people she has been brought to are, not recognizing them from the , but Leslie avoids the question.
- approaches Gonzalez with a cup, and asks her to drink from it, claiming that its contents will "purify" her. Gonzalez is scared, but Leslie Dean guides her to drink it, just as Karolina recognizes Gonzalez as the girl she met earlier that day. Gonzalez takes it in two hands and drinks, but then stumbles, weakened. Leslie helps her up to drink again, forcing the cup to Gonzalez's mouth as surround her and she collapses.
The ritual takes place
- PRIDE then proceed to strip naked to prepare her for the sacrifice. notes that the ceremony has somehow managed to become even more creepy, as places his hand on the so as to activate it. Yorkes pushes back from their balcony, worried that her little sister will never be able to forget the horrible sight of what is going on. The box opens and a light comes out of it, as and bend down to pick up Gonzalez. They walk her around the box and place her in, as the group of friends above shield their eyes from the blinding light coming from the box.
Minoru and Yorkes are shocked by the ritual
- As Gonzalez begs for to stop their ritual, attempts to continue to reassure her. She tells the group to hurry and finish the sacrifice, as and Gert Yorkes look on in horror. The box closes as Dean sheds a tear for Gonzalez's loss. Above, Minoru asks her friends what could possibly have just happened, and reaches for her phone, wanting to be able to see what is going on. Before the group can stop her, she reaches out to take a photo, leaving the flash on. The group run to escape as the light catches the eyes of the PRIDE members, who look up, concerned as to what could have happened.
The Wilder parents go to investigate
- The Wilder parents leave to investigate immediately as the group sprint back to the entrance to the secret passageway and the other members of posit theories as to what might have caused the flash. Geoffrey and Catherine undress as Alex and his friends reach the top of the stairs, but find the door closed. Stein suggests that he attempts to open it but fails, just as the Wilder parents finish dressing and head up the passageway. The combined strength of the 17-year-olds still proves to be insufficient, but as Hernandez hears footsteps, she becomes afraid and her super-strength kicks in, allowing the group to escape.
The group agrees to trust Wilder's idea
- Continuing to flee, Alex Wilder tells his friends to head to the guest room while he runs elsewhere, struck by an idea. Minoru tells him that she trusts him and they go ahead. Meanwhile, Catherine and Geoffrey reach the top of the passageway. In the guest room, , , and each discuss potential rational explanations for their parents' behavior, but find flaws in each other's theories. Minoru suggests that they need to accept that their parents are murderers, having killed Gonzalez. Meanwhile, Wilder arrives at the mansion's fuse box.
Alex Wilder turns off the lights
- Alex Wilder begins flicking the switches on the fuse box to cut the power. Minoru watches behind Dean as the power in Geoffrey Wilder's office shuts off, putting Geoffrey and Catherine, who have reached the office, into darkness. Alex then switches off the lights in the secret hall, the outside decoration lights, and finally the guest room lights, confusing his friends.
- returns, and explains that he cut the lights so that their parents think there was simply a power-cut, and that that is what caused the flash of light. Wilder's parents approach the teenagers, trying to discern whether they had seen anything that they should not have, but find the group playing Twister and acting as friendly as they always used to.
Geoffrey Wilder talks to Victor Stein about the Box
- The members of are disheartened, expressing their sadness at the uncomfortable sacrifice they had to make, with Geoffrey Wilder calling it the hardest yet. They are relieved, however, that it is the last one they will ever have to make.
- The teenagers do not know what to believe, not wanting to admit that their parents are murderers. They take a look at 's picture, but find it too blurry to clear up any questions.
- Karolina's father, , looks at his wife's calendar at the , trying to find anything untoward to explain her recent lack of interest in him. He looks at that day: Friday 8th, and the following days, but finds nothing suspicious.
Victor Stein finds out that Gonzalez is still alive
- Every member of the PRIDE except leaves the hall to reunite with their children. Stein is angry to discover, once the group have left, that , has not, in fact, dematerialized, and is still in the box.
- All the PRIDE families congregate upstairs, with the parents continuing the pretence that they held a charity meeting and the children maintaining that they had an innocent and friendly evening.
- As everyone start to leave the house, goes to find in the bathroom. Minoru confesses that she does not want to go home because of what happened with her sister, and how she always notices her being missing. Wilder promises her that she will never be alone.
Geoffrey Wilder tells Alex that he saw sparks between him and Minoru
- After the Minoru family leave, Geoffrey Wilder tells his son that he thinks he saw a possible romance between him and Nico. Reluctant to reply, Alex simply shuffles off to bed.
- tries to enter Leslie's private meditation room, believing that his wife might be hiding something there, but he is stopped by Leslie's assistant, .
- watches her mother, Tina, locking away the .
- sings to in bed, as they cannot sleep. Wilder sends out a text to his friends, asking to meet the next day at 10, and Minoru, Stein, and Dean all receive it. Dean texts to ask if she's alright, and to her surprise, someone starts to reply.
The Yorkeses' Deinonychus walks around in her environment
- The Yorkeses' walks around in her jungle environment in the 's basement.
- feels bad for making another sacrifice, but is comforted by his wife, who tells him to go to bed. Before leaving, he stumbles upon 's hairpin near the entrance to the passageway, leaving him suspicious that the children might indeed have found their secret.
- starts looking for her hairpin, which she lost while escaping the Wilders' basement, desperate to find it because it was a gift from her mother. As she searches, she accidentally uses her powers again. Hernandez tries to tell about her abilities, but before she is able to, Yorkes tells her that she thinks Hernandez is having panic attacks. Hernandez decides she will have to tell Yorkes another time.
- tries to meditate, listening to 's relaxation CD. Leslie enters abruptly to talk to her, but Karolina is distracted as she sees social media messages from 's friend, calling him a "dead man" after a feud. Dean does not realize that the feud was over Stein stopping them sexually abusing her, not remembering the events of the party the night before.
- The group of friends reunite at the beach, and Dean reveals to the group that she has received a message from . However, it was not about her being locked in the capsule, but a friendly message about being on a trip with the church in , with a picture of her in front of . The others are confused, sure that they had seen Gonzalez being killed by their parents. proposes that they investigate and suggests Stein should try to find out more about the . Meanwhile, Wilder says that he will further investigate the secret room in the basement, as states that she will study 's . Hernandez mentions that there is a "" in the basement that she discovered the night before, and that they should investigate it, but the others do not believe her. As they leave to investigate, approaches Stein to ask about what happened at the party, but he assures her there is nothing to worry about.
- is working in his laboratory when he stats hallucinating , asking him to let her go. Caring about her husband's health, asks if she can help, but he only asks her for her to support his work.
- and surprises and with a small party in their laboratory to celebrate the fact that the has appeared on the cover of the American Journal of Experimental Medicine. Tina states that she expects pharmaceutical companies to make offers for the serum, but Dale prefers to turn it over to the for the reprogramming of terrorists.
- As they leave the building, the Minorus decide to have a date together later to discuss their marriage.
- and explore Victor Stein's laboratory. Yorkes discovers a pair of before they stumble upon the . When they use the glasses to see inside of the box, they find it empty, so Stein suggests that they leave, having the information they need. Yorkes suggests to Stein that her parents may have taken to the basement that Hernandez had mentioned.
- Tina and Robert Minoru invite Nico to join them at the restaurant, but Nico encourages them to go without her and talk alone, to help strengthen their relationship. Nico also has an ulterior motive, however, wanting to be left alone so she can investigate her mother's staff.
- and discuss the possibility that might have seen something of their ritual the night before, and Catherine suggests using the Synnergy Serum on Hernandez as a precaution, because if she has seen something, it will make her forget. Geoffrey opposes this idea, pointing out how , Karolina's father, ended up confused and unintelligent after they used it on him. They conclude to talk to Hernandez first and ascertain whether she knows anything.
- Catherine Wilder approaches Hernandez at a cafeteria. She starts to question her and Hernandez becomes nervous, excusing herself to go to the bathroom. Her powers kick in and she breaks one of the walls to escape.
- Alex Wilder tries to investigate the passageway in his home while talking to his father on the phone. He manages to get it to open and asks how long it will be until his father gets home, but is surprised when Geoffrey replies that he is already in the house. Alex panics as he struggles to make the passageway close again and has to leave the study, deciding to attempt to slow his father from entering.
- calls Geoffrey to tell him she is sure, from Hernandez's behavior, that the teenager saw something, and that she wants to use the to erase her memory. Geoffrey reluctantly agrees that it is necessary. Catherine goes looking for Hernandez outside, but is surprised to find her easily, asleep against the cafeteria wall.
- Geoffrey enters his study despite Alex's attempts to slow him, but to Alex's relief, the passageway has closed again by the time he walks in.
- wakes in 's car and Wilder questions her further. Knowing that Wilder is aware she is lying, Hernandez improvises by pretending to reveal the truth: that yes, she lied, but because the truth was that she was in the studio looking for alcohol for the others. Wilder believes her, and Hernandez begins to enquire in return about her deceased parents. Wilder promises to give her more information on them in the near future.
- takes the opportunity to investigate her mother's , but she cannot open the showcase it is kept in. Looking through her mother's desk for a hint on how to open it, Minoru accidentally triggers the mechanism to open the case and she reaches for the staff. The staff pricks her finger and, detecting Tina Minoru's DNA, activates. Nico also finds her sister's old diary in Tina's desk and begins to read it, and as she does so, she is surprised as snow begins to fall around her inside the room.
- At dinner, excessively tries to flirt with her husband, Robert. He does not react positively, though, feeling strange about her sudden change of attitude, after being so distant over the last 2 years. He abruptly leaves, too uncomfortable with the date.
- In the , tries to call , but receives no response. Staff member finds her and when Dean asks about Gonzalez, he tells her that he understands she has gone to , reaffirming Gonzalez's text. Dean also tries to subtly ask whether Kaye has had anything strange happen to him after removing his bracelet, but he says he has not, making Dean wonder further about the colors she had seen. Before leaving, she notices a painting done by her grandfather, depicting a colorful woman with a resemblance to what she had seen the night before.
- visits , who called him for help with the falling snow, which will not stop. Wilder tries to examine the but, when it burns his hand, he drops it, finding that this ends up stopping the snow.
- While buying some food, the Yorkeses discuss whether they should tell their daughters about planning to move to a ranch, hoping to escape from .
- Chase Stein and Gert Yorkes walk outside the Yorkeses' house. They talk briefly as they try to discover what is in the basement using the X-Ray glasses.
- In an empty apartment, and secretly meet to pursue their affair together.
- and frantically clean up the snow to try and finish before Tina gets home. They go to hide into Nico's room as Tina arrives, but Nico sees no way of smuggling Wilder out, so instead has him lie on a bed so she can pretend to be getting intimate with him. When Tina then enters, she scalds the two and tells Wilder to leave, which he does, and Nico accompanies him to his car. As he says goodbye, Wilder leans in and kisses Nico, taking her by surprise.
- Robert Minoru confesses to Janet Stein that he feels he is ready to start a new life with her, but Stein is hesitant, not wanting to negatively affect her son, Chase.
- takes to her basement and opens the door. As soon as they open it, they are shocked when a hits them and flees. Yorkes starts talking to herself to calm down, and Stein is surprised to see that this seems to cause the dinosaur to relax too. However, it then runs again when a car noise scares it away, as the Yorkes parents have arrived.
- In the meditation room at the , meets with the , and he tells her that he felt nothing from the sacrifice.
- calls Dean to turn on , and the two of them watch as the channel reports that 's body has been found, realizing that killed her after the sacrifice failed. Dean's face falls as she tells Minoru sadly that they will have to make another sacrifice.
- is continuing to look through her 's diary when she receives a video call from her friends. They tell her about the news reporting how 's corpse had shown up on the beach. decides not to tell them about the . Some of the group begin to think that their parents might be murderers, while the others feel that they want to wait before judging, hoping for another explanation. suggests that they protect themselves, just in case, before ending the video call.
- goes to check his father's office. He finds that the coaster mechanism to open the secret passage no longer works, so he starts to search his father's desk. Wilder discovers a drawer with a double-bottom and opens it up, finding hidden money and a gun, which he chooses to take for himself.
- Having kidnapped a young woman to use as the new sacrifice, drives her to the other members of , gagged in the back of a van.
- and discuss the whereabouts of the , worried about where it could have escaped to. They tell their daughters that the animal they have lost is in fact a hedgehog, not aware that Hernandez and Gert know better, and say they will take a drone to find it. Getting to the car, Stacey suddenly receives a message from calling for an urgent meeting, but the Yorkeses decide to ignore it and look for their deinonychus, considering it more important.
- Stein arrives at the , where and await him. When he goes to show them the kidnapped young woman for the sacrifice, he discovers that the back of his van is empty, as she has managed to escape while he drove.
- meets with before class. She tells him that she is sure that her sister, Amy, cannot have committed suicide, because her diary has shown how happy she was. Minoru proposes going to the police, but Wilder is not sure that this is the best option, at least for the moment. Without his support, Minoru decides nonetheless that she will go to the police alone.
- Victor Stein speaks with the other members of PRIDE. He believes that the headaches he is experiencing are side-effects of medicine for malaria, and continues to believe that he is at fault for the failure of the . , meanwhile, decides that his people will catch the girl, but arrives and says that "" is very sick and they need a new sacrifice urgently, even if it is a homeless person or a prostitute. and Stein are chosen to find the new sacrifice. The group also point out the lack of assistance from the Yorkes parents and consider reminding them of their promise from years ago.
- tells Gert Yorkes that he does not understand her decision to hide the dinosaur, but Yorkes tells him that it is because she does not wish for her parents to get into trouble.
- Chase Stein's peers, whom he beat on Friday night to prevent them from sexually abusing , approach him, asking for an apology for his actions at the party. He is appalled that they have not considered the severity of their actions and refuses to apologize for doing the right thing. Another fight breaks out between them until Dean arrives and a professor appears, sending them all to his office.
- approaches Karolina Dean, blaming her for the fighting between the boys and shaming her for what happened to her. Dean does not remember anything from the party after passing out and starts to feel bad, doubting her self-assurance and belief that she had stayed safe at the party, worrying something unwanted had happened to her. Yorkes goes to her to comfort her.
- visits the sick grey man. He asks her to keep her warm and she obliges, deciding to take off her clothes and lie down next to him in bed, naked. When she leaves the room a little later, she is met by her husband Frank, who asks for an explanation of where she has been for the last 3 days. She tells him to trust her and says she has been praying for him, believing he is ready to reach "Ultra" level in the .
- In the lacrosse bus, the coach addresses and the rest of the team, telling them not to throw everything away because of what happened between them.
- Three other students approach Yorkes, asking to join her feminism club. tries to talk to Yorkes, but the new members of the group show their detest of her and she leaves. Yorkes walks off in search of Dean.
- Yorkes reaches Dean and they talk, with Dean expressing her thought that the ritual might just be a higher level ceremony in the . When they come across , they tell him about this theory and ask him to join them to go to and try to gather more information. Wilder decides to find instead, wanting to support her, just as Yorkes and Dean support each other.
- and try to kidnap a homeless man for the , but he defends himself, and the police eventually arrive, taking Stein and Minoru into custody. Minoru calls Detective for help.
- Gert Yorkes and Karolina Dean find 's laptop, and looking through it, they discover an encrypted folder called "Ultra". They copy the folder to a USB so Alex Wilder can attempt to crack into it at a later date. The duo are suddenly scared when the doorbell rings, worrying that Leslie has returned, but they are relieved to instead find . Stein asks to talk to Karolina alone, while Yorkes leaves to find Wilder, feeling dejected at being unwanted.
- At the police station, Alex Wilder reunites with Nico Minoru to back her as they talk to the police. Minoru is pleasantly surprised at his change of mind.
- Chase Stein reveals to Karolina Dean that he has left the lacrosse team, not willing to spend time with the people he previously called his friends after their actions. He also tells her what happened on Friday night at the party, but reassures her that he got there before anything had happened. She thanks him and asks to go back to his house. Arriving at the , she tells him that she wants to show him something. Dean carefully removes her bracelet and lights up with color once again, this time staying conscious. Stein is shocked, but soon expresses how impressed he is and reaches out to touch her hand.
- While they wait to be dealt witch, Minoru notices that , , and a are also in the station. She takes Wilder to quickly flee the station and, once outside, she explains to him that the detective with Stein and Robert is the same one she saw come to the house when had died 2 years ago. Wilder believes that their parents might also control the police, realizing that it is not safe to report anything to them. He shows Nico that he has his father's gun, and justifies it with Chase Stein's words, that they have to protect themselves.
- talks to her bodyguard in her office, discussing the Yorkeses. He reveals what he has found out for her: that the Yorkeses are intending to move somewhere far away. He mentions that they do not look like bad people, but Minoru dismisses this, not wanting his judgment. She pays him for his services.
- As the Yorkes parents cannot find their , Stacey tries to convince Dale that they should just run away anyway, but he highlights the problems of what will happen if the deinonychus is found, what will happen if they do not get to sell the , and what will happen with the girls if they have to suddenly uproot.
- Meanwhile, leaves 's house. AS he goes, he assures her that she should not be scared of the colorful lights, because he thinks that she looks beautiful.
- is writing an email to , asking about what happened to her biological parents when, suddenly, she hears a noise. When she goes to investigate, she finds the , and it leaps onto her. Her fear activates her powers and she kicks it away with super strength and runs, but the dinosaur chases her. Deciding she has to stand up to it and fight, she readies herself, just as comes through the door and orders the dinosaur to stop. It backs down, again responding to Yorkes in the same way it had on Saturday. She practices her connection with the dinosaur until their parents arrive home.
- After locking up the dinosaur, the Yorkes parents confess to the girls that they were lying before to hide the dinosaur's existence, but say that they created her to protect the two of them. knocks on the door and interrupts them. Stacey and Dale reluctantly let her in, and Minoru goes to speak with them in private. She expresses her anger at them for not avoiding the meeting earlier that day, and reveals to them that she is aware of the they want to escape to, telling them not to go, and instead focus on their work for PRIDE.
- In the cafeteria, tries to open 's folder with . Finally managing to get in, he only finds a collection of files of teenagers and young adults,titled "Runaways".
- is working on creating his when his father, Victor, arrives. He throws Chase's invention to the ground, angering his son, but Victor is, in fact, curious. He becomes interested in the idea and offers Chase the option that they could work on it together. Happy that his father is not threatening him and that they can actually work together on something, Chase prepares to tell him all about the invention. First, Victor asks him what he intends on calling them, and Chase replies, "Fistigons".
- In the cafeteria, Wilder and Nico Minoru look at the files of several of the runaways, including , searching for a link to Amy, but find that none of the files appear to have any connection with Nico's sister. They come to realize, however, that their parents having been choosing one runaway young person every year to use for their ritual, and that the one who chooses and proposes the people is , Karolina's mother. A waiter calls out to inform the customers that a car's alarm is going off outside, and Wilder recognizes the description of a silver Prius to be his. He decides to take a look at his car while Nico calls Karolina to let her know what they have discovered.
- receives the call from Minoru as she reads the . Minoru tells her what they have found out about Leslie, and Karolina is shocked. She walks outside and watches her mother, horrified to look at her with a new understanding of her true nature.
- : Realizing Wilder has been outside for abnormally long, Minoru decides to go and check on him. However, she steps outside only just in time to see him being pulled into a car by a , who kidnaps him and driving off.
- ↑ In , Coulson says, "I spent six months on a plane with [Mackenzie]." It is said in that "Coulson had just stepped down" in the scene in which we see him heading off to board the Zephyr for the beginning of the six-month span. Due to the April 17, 2017 date in , ideally picks up in March 2017 (see other references). Working back from this, the events of , and the first boarding of the Zephyr, is in September 2016. This works with Slingshot, as it picks up just before on April 13, 2017 (see other references), it then flashes back to the Baltimore incident, referring to it as "Several months ago". With the Baltimore event on September 30, 2016, this is 7 months prior. It is dated as late September - September 30, 2016, to allow time for Mace being selected for, and then go through Project Patriot, but still fit with Mace's statement in , "Few months [after Vienna], Talbot came to me with an offer." This still fits, with the bombing being on June 23rd, and his selection being September 8th, 2½ months later. It is implied that Mackenzie and Coulson began testing the limits of the Zephyr, to go for weeks and weeks on a thorough hunt for Johnson, and that the director wanted to keep apart after he took over, as the duo get to only see their friends every few weeks when coming back for restock. They get back after their last trip of 6 weeks (their furthest yet, impressing Fitz), and Fitz and Simmons are excited to see them, with Fitz exclaiming, "Six weeks. That's a record!" Coulson at this point has indeed spent 6 months with Mackenzie living mostly on the plane - September 30, 2016 to March 18, 2017.
On the day of Strange's car crash, he checks his watch and , making it Tuesday, February 2, 2016. While this does not fit with the fact that WHiH World News and (and WHiH World News is proven to be set in real time, (, , , , and other dialogue in videos matching with dates given)) about Strange being a surgeon, Scott Derrickson as well as retweeting another post about it.
With the beginning of the film in "early fall" and the end of the film in "late fall", "a little over a year" later, and the February 2016 car crash falling between the two, this would mean the film begins around early Fall 2015 and ends around late Fall 2016. However, Derrickson also says that Strange recovers for 3-6 months, and , which overall would suggest the film ends 12-15 months after Strange's car crash, thus placing the ending around February-May 2017. This, in turn, using Derrickson's comment about "a little over a year" ("early" one season to "late" the same season a year later would mean 4⅔ seasons, so about 14 months), would, working backwards, place the opening of the film between December 2015 and February 2016 (the latest it can be, before Strange's car crash).
Overall, using weighted math from all the evidence available, the details of which can be seen , the result is that the opening is October 13, 2015, the car crash February 2, 2016, the argument with Christine March 29, 2016, Strange's arrival in Kathmandu May 4, 2016, and the climax January 18-19, 2017.
This would put the opening still in the early part of fall (working with Derrickson's comment), the argument with Christine towards the end of the snowy period and a bit after winter, but enough time after Strange's crash and a good time for the heavy rain (a bit later than Derrickson's comment but realistic), his arrival in Kathmandu 3 months after his crash (just fitting inside Derrickson's 3-6 months comment), the climax another 8.5 months later (just fitting for Mikkelsen's "9 months" comment), and the climax a bit after Fall 2016, instead Winter 2016-17 (a bit later than Derrickson's comment) but fitting as "a little over a year" (15 months) after the opening (fitting reasonably with Derrickson's comment), a realistic time of year for the snowfall at the Ancient One's death, and working with the other comments just described. This also works fine considering Derrickson made it clear he did not want to be fully held to his comments.
The specific dates of smaller events in between can also be found .
- ↑ Dates derived from working back from the March 18, 2017 date of the opening of .
- The video was released 16 days prior to . It is not a fully in-universe video such as the videos, released through their own channel, but is released as a promo through the Marvel channel with an out-of-universe promo ending, and thus is not released on the matching in-universe date. 16 days prior to The Ghost in the timeline is March 2, 2017.
- ↑ In , the is shown. In real life, this final was on Sunday, November 27, 2016. However, due to the April 17, 2017 hard date from (see other references), and this being no more than a month earlier, plus the minimum of "a few months" following the Vienna bombing in June 2016 before Mace takes over (as said in ) followed by "6 months" of Coulson and Mackenzie on the Zephyr One (), this cannot be the same date in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It can be assumed because the teams in the final are different as well, that it did indeed occur on a different date. It would occur on a Sunday, meaning the end of would be a Thursday, with little time between Uprising and , which is dated to April 3rd. This means the Thursday is the 23rd or the 30th. In real life, the 2016-17 season was the first time the Scottish League Cup Final was in November, with it always having been March previously. If, for whatever reason, in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the March date continued into the 2016-17 season, the pattern of dates would put the final on Sunday, March 19, 2017 (meaning the Thursday 23rd), which aligns nicely with both the April date and the "few months" + "6 months" since June 2016.
- ↑ Due to Hope Mackenzie's April 18th birthday and on-screen time-spans (see other references), is definitively placed on April 12, 2017. The concluding events of could occur anywhere between the day before, up to about a week before. In , there are jokes about it being "Taco Tuesday," and it is said in that this was yesterday, putting the events of that episode and Deals With Our Devils on a Wednesday. April 12th was a Wednesday, so the earliest Wednesday before that is April 5th, putting the events of to Deals With Our Devils from April 3-5, 2017.
- ↑ In the episode , it is shown that May being replaced by an LMD (during ) happened 5 days before the start of , which takes place on April 17th, one day before the birthday of on April 18th. Therefore the events of The Laws of Inferno Dynamics and the Replacement of Melinda May are definitively April 12, 2017. The events of follow on from this to April 13th.
- tells that will likely call her in to talk about her recent activities soon, which he does at the beginning of . Rodriguez also welcomes back Johnson, clearly stating that she has only very recently rejoined It is therefore the morning after , before , of April 13, 2017.
- ↑ was born on April 18, 2006, as shown in . In the episode , reveals that the following day would have been her birthday, placing this episode firmly on April 17, 2017. It is also shown that the events of were the day before, placing that on April 16th.
- ↑ In , says that the of lived with them for "weeks." The May LMD is revealed in . The episode prior, , is shown to be "5 days" after May's replacement. However, Hot Potato Soup appears to be the day following Wake Up, if not only a few days later. To compromise these two pieces of evidence, it is reasoned as 2 calendar weeks, from her replacement on Wednesday, April 12th ("5 days" before Wake Up which is firmly on April 17, 2017 due to it being the day before Hope Mackenzie's birthday, see other references) to Monday, April 24th. 12 days, but 2 calendar weeks - enough to call it "weeks," but with the smallest possible gap between Wake Up and Hot Potato Soup of 7 days. BOOM picks up at least a few days after Hot Potato Soup, but 3 days after BOOM, Self Control shows that it is snowing. With this being late April at the very earliest, the gap between Hot Potato Soup and BOOM has to be minimised to 3 days, taking it to April 27th. BOOM to then follow subsequently from this date.
- In , Coulson says he was approached when he "was fresh out of school." Coulson was born on July 8, 1964, and so he would have graduated from senior year in June 1982. He would have been approached in his summer holiday following graduation, around July 22, 1982.
- In , it is shown that Hope's birthday is April 18, 2006. In , Mack says that she died 11 years ago, aged only 4 days, and it would be her birthday tomorrow, placing that on April 17, 2017. However, in , a few weeks later, Daisy Johnson says that in the Framework, Hope is 10. It would make sense if the reason Hope didn't make it in the real world is because she was born a couple of months prematurely, at around 24 weeks, but in the Framework she was born in August at full-term (40 weeks), and therefore has not yet turned 11 in the Framework in May 2017.
- In , a "November 8" date can be seen on the Framework version of Simmons' gravestone. Based on the September 2008 date for the Cambridge Incident, the time it would take for the public to completely turn to HYDRA, and the amount of decomposition of the corpse next to Simmons in 2017, the year is 2009. This also fits better with Fitz saying Simmons is in her "mid 20s" in , as Simmons would be 29 otherwise, but if her body is the biological age she was when she died, she'd be 22, albeit a bit older-looking for her age.
- In , Mace says, "For about 70 years after World War II, nothing [happened at the Playground]... But then, a couple years back, a brave agent named Billy Koenig gave his life getting me the location." "A couple years back" implies about 2⅓ years back from May 2017, giving a January 2015 date. This lines up with "about 70 years" after 1945.
- In , Ward says that they "liberated [the Quinjet] last year." This is said on May 1, 2017, putting the date of this around May 22, 2016.
- In , Antoine Triplett says, on the reasoned date of May 10th (see other references), that he took the photos "about a week ago," placing that around May 3rd.
- In , on the reasoned date of May 10th (see other references), an "in memoriam" is shown for John Garrett in the Framework. It seems that it is not breaking news, but is recent, putting his passing around 2 days prior, on the 8th.
- ↑ During the time in the Framework, there are lots of references in episodes to events occurring "today" or "yesterday", tying episodes together. The only episodes with an undefined time gap between them are and . The date when Johnson and Simmons enter the Framework is reasoned as April 30th (see other references), and in it is shown that the beginning of the episode is now 10 days later, putting this on May 10th. This fits, as on May 10th Coulson says that "up until a week ago" he would have thought he was mad to believe in the real world, and May says that "[her] squad's been hunting [Simmons for] the past week." These are both references to events on May 1st being roughly a week ago, and the "10 days" timespan would put those events 9 days prior, which works well enough as an approximate week, and shows that time in the Framework does indeed pass normally. Identity and Change ends on May 1st, and working back from the May 10th date, No Regrets would begin on May 9th, putting an 8-day gap between the episodes. Placing No Regrets to around the May 10th date puts those events from May 9th to May 12th.
- ↑ In , Fitz is arrested, which is dated to May 12th, and then questioned again the following day, the 13th. 5 scenes then transpire, before the 6th scene, where Fitz is shown drawing his 17th monkey on the cell wall, indicating his 17th day in the cell. This means it is May 29th. Distributing the scenes between the 13th and 29th, the 1st scene would be around the 16th. Fitz is watching a soccer game with a team in light blue and black, so it would make sense for this to be the Manchester City vs. West Bromwich Albion game on May 16, 2017. The 2nd scene, Fitz eating, by distribution would place on May 18th. The 3rd scene would be the 21st, and this is with a soccer game on in the background. This matches, as Fitz is a Manchester United fan, and they played Crystal Palace on May 21, 2017. The 4th scene, where he turns on his lamp, by distribution would place on May 24th, and the 5th, where he does crunches, then places on May 26th.
- ↑ In , Fitz draws his 17th monkey face on his 17th morning of incarceration, May 29th. 1 scene then transpires before the scene where Fitz is shown with 28th monkey on the cell wall, indicating his 28th day in the cell - although it works out as the 29th day, before he has drawn the 29th face (see other references). This means it is June 10th. Distributing the scenes between May 29th and June 10th, the scene would be around June 4th. Fitz is watching a soccer game, getting angry. No team of interest to Fitz played between May 29th and June 9th in the real world, but the Champions League final was on June 3, 2017. Whether he is simply passionate about the game, or Manchester United got to the Champions League final in the MCU, either way, June 3rd works well.
- ↑ In , Fitz is shown to have 28 monkey faces on his wall when he listens to soccer and looks at his wall, the timings from the night of May 12th, and works on a formula (these scenes are not separate, due to the same soccer game playing out across the shots). While 28 monkey faces would suggest it is the 28th day after May 12th, June 9th, Fitz is not shown actually drawing the 28th face, so it is possible that it is the 29th day, before he has drawn the 29th face. This allows the scene to be June 10, 2017, the day of the Scotland vs. England World Cup qualifier, which he would be interested in. 1 scene then transpires, before the scene where Fitz does push-ups and is estimated to have 45 monkeys on his wall (see other references), making it June 26th. The scene in between, where he eats and looks at Simmons' file, would place halfway between June 10th and 26th, on June 18th.
- ↑ In , the first time Fitz asks for his letter to be sent is reasoned as June 3, 2017 (see other references). By the time Lance Hunter arrives on November 25, 2017 (see other references), Fitz says, "They printed my letters in the last six issues of Ballbaster Hooligan," meaning his letters were featured in the issues released in June through November inclusively. Considering the minimum total time needed for Fitz's letter to be analyzed, sent to the U.K., received, edited into the publication of that month's magazine, and then the magazine to be published, with him giving it over on June 3rd, the issue released in June cannot have been released any earlier than June 13th. Considering he has already received the issue released in November by November 25th, the earliest it could have been released to have made it to the U.S.A. by the 24th is November 21st. Considering a magazine for the following month is usually released in the final third of the month before, it can be taken that the fanzine would not have released much earlier than November 21st - perhaps November 20th, to be certain that it made it to Fitz by the 24th on government-priority shipping. This would mean that the fanzine is likely released on the penultimate Monday of each month, and Fitz receives each issue about 4 days later.
In June 2017, this was Monday 19th, so he receives it on the 23rd. In July 2017, Monday 24th, so he receives it on the 28th. In August 2017, Monday 21st, so he receives it on the 25th. In September 2017, Monday 18th, so he receives it on the 22nd. In October 2017, Monday 23rd, so he receives it on the 27th. In November 2017, Monday 20th, so he receives it on the 24th.
- ↑ In , after the scene where Fitz has 28 monkey faces on his wall (reasoned as June 10th), a scene transpires where Fitz eats and looks at Simmons' file. The next scene then shows him doing push-ups. This is followed by a scene where he scrunches up a piece of work, followed by another push-up scene. He then gets angry about a free kick, and then there is a final push-up scene, before the scene with his 49th monkey face, on June 30th. Last time the monkeys were shown, they were in rows of 4 (incomplete row), 7 | (line on the wall) 7, 7, 3 (incomplete row). In all 3 push-up scenes, it now appears that the 4th row above the line on the wall is 6 (incomplete row). This would suggest that it is 6, 7, 7, 7 | 7, 7, 3-7. It is unknown whether Fitz has added to that bottom row we previously saw incomplete or just left it as an incomplete row of 3. The scene after, with the 49th monkey face, shows that the bottom row has indeed been filled out, so he must have filled it at some point over this time. By distribution, we can approximate that ((1 - 0.5) ÷ 3) × 4 = roughly 1 of the missing 4 has been filled out in the 1st scene, ((2 - 0.5) ÷ 3) × 4 = 2 have been filled out in the 2nd, and ((3 - 0.5) ÷ 3) × 4 = roughly 3 in the 3rd scene. This would mean there is approximately a total of 45, 46, and 47 monkeys respectively in the 3 push-up scenes, thus making them approximately June 26th, 27th, and 28th.
There are very few soccer games on in late June, so it is hard to believe that there were games on consecutive days. Therefore, the game playing in the scene before the push-ups on the 27th and the game playing in the scene after the push-ups on the 27th has to be assumed to be the same game, with Fitz muting or turning it off in the middle for push-ups. Therefore, these scenes are either side of the push-ups on the 27th. There isn't an obvious match that it could be which he is watching, but it can be assumed that the soccer schedule between seasons in the MCU is not identical to the real world.
- ↑ In , Fitz is shown drawing his 49th monkey face in his cell, meaning it is 49 days since he was incarcerated, making it June 30th. 5 scenes then transpire, before the 6th scene, where Fitz is shown receiving the latest issue of Ballbaster Hooligan, and then the 7th being Fitz's 197th monkey face, making it November 25th. Distributing between June 30th and November 25th would give the 6th scene as being roughly November 4th. Fitz receives Ballblaster Hooligan in October on the 27th and in November on the 24th (see other references). October 27th is the closer of the two to November 4th, so this is the date used - the fifth issue he has received, not the sixth - which matches with the fact that he appears to have approximately 4 other issues on his desk when he throws the new one.
If the other 5 scenes before were then distributed evenly between June 30th and October 27th, it would give August 9th for the 2nd scene, which includes a soccer game. The closest game which Manchester United, Fitz's team, played, was on August 8th against Real Madrid, so this date can be used.
Finally, the 1st scene is placed halfway between June 30th and August 8th, on July 20th, and the 3rd, 4th, and 5th scenes are then distributed between August 8th and October 27th, giving August 28th, September 17th, and October 7th.
- In the post-credits scene, when Mordo visits Pangborn, he says, "I've been away for many months now." Mordo left the Masters of the Mystic Arts the morning of January 19, 2017 (see other references).
Therefore, it has been absolute minimum 3 months, which is earliest April 1st, minimum possible 4 months, which is earliest May 1st, and minimum realistic 5 months, which is earliest June 1st. Overall, by weighted average, the earliest it can be is May 14th.
It has been maximum realistic 9 months, which is latest just under 9.5 months, November 2nd, maximum possible 10 months, which is latest just under 10.5 months, December 3rd, and absolute latest the end of the 11th month after, December 31st. Overall, by weighted average, the latest it can be is November 20th.
So overall, the middle of the average earliest and average latest gives August 17, 2017, as the approximate date. For more details on the calculation, see .
- In , Fitz has written a letter to the editor of the fictional fanzine Ballblaster Hooligan, for Liverpool fans, in which he refers to the manager having "arrived 3 years ago". In the real world, Jürgen Klopp took over in October 2015, which would suggest that this is now 2018. However, there is a wealth of evidence placing the end of Season 4 in May 2017, and this is less than 6 months (later in the episode it is said to have been 6 months) after. The episode Rewind itself confirms that the episode is set in 2017, cutting to "2091", "74 years later". It can be assumed that either they are referring to it being the 3rd soccer season since he took over or simply that the Liverpool managers were different/at different times in the MCU.
- ↑ While the evidence for the placement of suggests it is set roughly in real time, Therefore, the placement must come purely from the evidence presented, uninfluenced by real time. In , Thor says, "Sokovia, Ultron, that was 2 years ago." Banner asks, "I've been Hulk for 2 years?", and he replies, "I'm afraid so." Then, later, Banner mentions (from Thor's information) that he was "trapped for 2 years inside of a monster." These refer to it being 2 years since the Battle of Sokovia, dated to May 6, 2015. It has been stated many times, (, , , , , , , , ) that the events of the film pick up 2 years after the climax or ending of , in May-June 2015. This would place the film 4 years after the end of in November 2013. Overall, the maths weighing up this evidence places the film around July 2017, a little over 2 years after Avengers: Age of Ultron, nearly 4 years after Thor: The Dark World.
However, places itself firmly in March 2018, by all the evidence given for its placement by the film itself and . This would suggest around 8 months between the films, but the films seem very much to take place only a few months apart, due to implications from the dialogue in the Thor: Ragnarok credits scene, the identical state of the Asgardians, and the fact the characters are physically no different (hair, beards, outfits, etc.). Overall, the math places Thor: Ragnarok as occurring around mid-to-late November 2017, 4 months before Avengers: Infinity War. The specifics of the math can be found .
- ↑ In , it is shown that the last time Amy logged in to play Star Wars: Battlefront was "2 years ago". With PlayStation time stamps rounding down, this means it has been anywhere between 2.00 and 2.99 years. With the game released on November 16, 2015, this means that at the very earliest, it is now late November 2017. In , it is shown that in Geoffrey Wilder's drawer, he has what appears to be a newly bought 2018 planner. It does not look used, and is being kept in a drawer of miscellaneous items - the drawer being mainly intended for accessing his secret gun, not for important items. It can be taken, therefore, that it is roughly late 2017, but perhaps 2018. In , in a flashback to "25 years ago", students are shown saying "Dude, have you seen Reservoir Dogs yet?" "Oh, my God, it was so good." The implication of this is that the film has just come out, which was in October 1992, suggesting that present day is late 2017. Chase also says in that "in another year [he'll] be off to college", suggesting that it is late in the year, around the time college starts/a year before next year's college starts, and in Refraction, they say that they will have "a hell of a personal essay for [their] college applications," implying that the applications are not yet finished, so it is not as late as January yet. In Rewind, Frank looks at Leslie's laptop calendar, and it says that the date is Friday 8th. It also shows that the month before was 31 days long and that this month is also 31 days long. While this would make it August (which it cannot be, since August is not during school term) or January, after January 2016, which is far too early, the next time that all 3 criteria are satisfied is January 2021, which is far too late. The calendar is not a reliable source, however, as it shows that the month ends with "26, 27, 28, 29, 29, 30, 31" and the next month begins with "1, 2, 3, 4, 29". However, after July 2016, which is too early, the months that have Friday 8ths are September 2017, December 2017, June 2018, and February 2019. In , it is then shown that Atlas Academy is hosting the "non-holiday-specific seasonal dance", which implies it is December.
Ultimately, it can be taken that : Season 1 occurs in December 2017. This is 25 years since late 1992, 2 years and a few days since Amy last played Star Wars: Battlefront on her day of death in early December 2015 (a couple of weeks after the game was released), about the time when Geoffrey would have bought a 2018 planner but not have used it yet, just under a year until college, a bit before college application deadlines, a month where there is indeed a Friday 8th, the time when a "non-holiday-specific seasonal dance" would be held, and also the real time date at the middle of the season's run (from November 2017 to January 2018).
Runaways: Season 1 therefore begins on Friday, December 8, 2017, with the events of on Saturday, December 9th, Fifteen beginning that night and then going to Monday, December 11th, when also takes place. At the end of Kingdom, Leslie says that the gala is in a few days, and appears to be at the weekend, but when Metamorphosis picks up, characters act like it has been only a day or two, so it is as soon as possible after: Saturday, December 16th. Refraction and are as soon as possible after again, and are confirmed by Doomsday to be on Thursday: Thursday, December 21st, with Doomsday the next day on Friday (the signs say "Friday 7-11 PM"), December 22nd, the last day of term, and finally taking the season to the morning of Sunday, December 24th. Victor says in Refraction, "On Monday, you are gonna make a public apology to my son and reinstate him to the lacrosse team," implying that it should be the week before, as the Monday after December 18th is December 25th, when there is no school. This is overruled, however, by Jonah saying in Doomsday, "[Your children have] been lying to you for weeks," and, "They've been conspiring against you for weeks," and Alex saying in the same episode, "Look, I know that it's been a shitty couple of weeks." This means it is at least 2 weeks after Friday 8th, so the earliest it can be is Friday 22nd rather than Friday 15th.
- ↑ In , there are several references throughout the episode that make it clear that it takes place over 1 day, and that it is the day after and . Leslie Dean says, "It was so great seeing all you kids together again last night," Stacey Yorkes says, "The nightmares I had after last night, Dale!", Molly Hernandez says, "Um, last night in your house... I went some place I shouldn't have," Robert Minoru says, "I mean, never mind last night," and when Karolina Dean asks if Vaughn Kaye has seen Destiny Gonzalez, he says, "Not since yesterday afternoon." With Reunion and Rewind being Friday, December 8, 2017 (see other references), this means Destiny is set on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
- ↑ In the opening of , the group call Nico Minoru to tell her the news about Destiny Gonzalez, and Gert Yorkes asks, "Have you been under a rock all night?" This means it is still the same day as the events of , Saturday, December 9, 2017, despite the rest of Fifteen taking place on Monday, December 11, 2017 (see other references). There is, therefore, a jump of a day-and-a-half between Alex Wilder finding his father's gun and Victor Stein driving a kidnapped girl to be the next sacrifice.
- ↑ In , after Alex Wilder finds his father's gun on the evening of Saturday, December 9, 2017, there is a jump of roughly a day-and-a-half to Monday, December 11, 2017. This is evident because the events of the rest of the episode take place on a school day, so it cannot simply be the next day, despite that being the implication. It has to be at least Monday. This is supported by the fact that when Chase Stein encounters his lacrosse teammates for the first time since the party, they say, "All weekend, no apology?" This heavily suggests it is Monday, with it being their first encounter since Friday and it being just after "all weekend". Frank Dean also says to Leslie, "I haven't seen you in days." The last time he saw her was Friday, so this works well as Monday, 3 days later, and matches with what Leslie says, "That's what I've been doing in there, praying for you over the last 2 days." She is claiming to have been praying since Saturday.