Закрыть ... [X]

Obtaining a Non-Driver Photo ID


NEW PROCESS: You will not receive a permanent driver license or ID card while at a DMV office.  It will arrive through the mail.  You will keep your expiring license/ID and receive a temporary paper card.  For more on this, . After visiting an office, you can .

The applicant must be a Connecticut resident. To obtain an ID card, qualified persons must apply at . 

Please note the following:

  • New-issue ID cards will not be processed at the Putnam Satellite office, DMV Photo License Centers, AAA offices, Milford Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union or West Haven City Hall.   

When you arrive at the DMV your first stop will be at the information desk where you will be instructed to enter your information into the kiosk to start the ID card process. You will then be directed to the licensing/ID card issuance area with your kiosk receipt.

What to bring:

  • If you have a Connecticut-issued driver's license or learner's permit,  without bringing all your identity documents to DMV.  If you do not, please follow the instructions below.

  • The required documents from . If you are not a citizen of the United States, you will be required to show proof of your legal status in this country.  Please note: Puerto Rico-issued birth certificates dated before July 1, 2010, are not acceptable and need to be replaced. 

  • If you are a non-U.S. citizen, .

  • Completed Connecticut Identification Card Requirements and Application (form B-230). 

  • Payment for fee of .50.  Please see .

The non-driver photo ID fee is waived for:

NOTE: If an applicant obtains a Connecticut Driver's License, the identification card must be surrendered when a driver's license is issued.

Content Last Modified on 7/13/2018 3:40:13 PM