5 Ways To Reduce Muscle Soreness (INSTANTLY)
How To Heal Sore Muscles Fast
Muscle soreness can be the result of a variety of factors, some positive and some negative. A strong workout usually leads to muscle fatigue. A long day at work or running errands can also cause muscles exhaustion. In order to properly mend, you need to learn the appropriate measures that promote healing. Our guide on how to heal sore muscles will provide you with numerous tips to help recuperate faster.
Stretching is one of the best ways to break down muscle tissue. There are 4 main stretches but two that will be more beneficial in relieving sore muscles.
- Static stretchingis the most common form of stretching. Its mechanics involve stretching a muscle to its longest point of flexibility and holding for 30 seconds. This allows you stretch out the tender areas and improve blood circulation. The more blood flow the faster your body can repair.
- Self-Myofascialstretching is the best technique for soreness. It involves the use of afoam rolleror ball to help break down tender muscle spots. Soreness in muscles tends to be isolated and using a foam roller allows you to isolate a muscle group and work on those tender spots. The break down removes tension at a faster rate and increases blood flow.
Haven’t used a foam roller before? Our Foam Rolling Basics Lower Body and Upper Body guides will get you on the right path to quicker healing.
Stretching shouldn’t only be a pre and post workout regimen. Spending 5-10 minutes every morning and night to stretch helps prepare your muscles for the daily demand you plan to place on it. At night it helps alleviate the tension placed on them during the day.
A little movement can make all the difference also.
- Without adding resistance to your muscles, consider doing somelight body weight workto get the blood flowing. Finished a long day of leg workouts, do so prisoner squats to get the blood flowing. Triceps burned out? Try some wall pushups to loosen up the triceps. Think low rep, low resistance.
- Yogais beneficial to our body in so many ways. The slow controlled movements and strong poses help blood flow through our body. The breathing techniques and meditation help clear our mind and body of toxins also.
The food you eat can make all the difference in helping to heal your muscles at a faster rate.
- Proteinis essential for muscle recovery post workout. Ideally aprotein smoothiewithin 45 minutes post-workout can help decrease the prolonged muscle soreness. If you’re not a fan of smoothies,eggs, lean chicken breasts, salmon, greek yogurt and tofuare some great options.
- Carbsare also an essential part of muscle recovery. Carbs are our bodies key source of energy. With them, broken down muscle is replaced with newer healthy muscle. This also helps restore your energy levels for your next workout.
- Certain foods have the ability to aid in healing muscle also. Foods high in antioxidants help remove free radicals in our body which cause damage.Blueberries, fresh ginger, cherries, pomegranates and cranberries all have properties that help offset post workout fatigue.When consumed as juices before a workout these all have the ability to reduce muscle soreness. They also have properties which allow them to act similar to drugs such as aspirin and ibuprofen.
- Vitamin Crich foods also contain antioxidants and are a great option.Oranges, kale, bell peppers, kiwis, broccoli and papayas are all high in vitamin C.
Since our bodies are 60% water, hydration is always an important factor when considering any type of healing. Exercising removes water from your body and if you’re not properly hydrated, muscle soreness becomes more prevalent.Aim to drink 8-12 oz of water a day depending on your weight.
5. Hot vs. Cold Therapy
- Hot therapy such as a nicehot bath, naturally relaxes and increases blood flow to muscles.
- Cold therapy is best used for immediate relief.Ice packshelp reduce swelling and sooth muscle soreness briefly.
6. Spa Treatment
You can pamper your muscles into rehabilitation in the comfort of your own home.
Without proper rest your body won’t repair properly. Our bodies repair during while we sleep, so the more you incorporate the right food, drinks, movements and self treatment, the more your body will repair while you sleep.
Sources: Livestrong, Eatingwell
Before you get sore you have to workout hard to get there. Try these fun and challenging works that will make you run back to this guide for advice:
One Move to Toned Triceps
Killer Circuit Bootcamp
Killer Kettlebell Workout Challenge
Check out our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
We’d love to hear what you think of this post, or what you’d like to see on our site. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.
Video: Muscle Soreness and Recovery Tips - Relieve Muscles FAST!
How to Be a Role Model to Younger Relatives
How to Wear Hippie Pants for Women – 25 Outfit Ideas
June 6, 2019
Glenn Closes Lookalike Daughter Is All Grown Up—and Ready to Step Into Moms Shoes
How to Introduce a Puppy to a Dog
Deaths from Stroke Rise With Use of Certain Painkillers
Which Beanie Babies are worth money
Use the entrepreneurship boom to improve your corporate job
How to Play Pogs
How To Wear Cargo Trousers With Surplus Style
The Greatist Table: 5 Healthy Chia Recipes from Around the Web
Christine Lampard’s Zara Ensemble Will Have Your Summer Outfits Sorted