Brown Rice Pilaf With Mushrooms
Mar 9, 2019
Mushrooms aren't the most nutrient-packed vegetable in the produce aisle but can be one of the most flavorful-as this recipe proves. Sauteed, they almost make a good substitute for red meat.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 0 hours 15
reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. pecans
1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
large onion, halved and thinly sliced
cloves garlic, minced
package (10 ounces) cremini or baby portabello mushrooms, quartered
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
3/4 c. short- or long-grain brown rice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Combine the broth and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Set aside.
- Toast the pecans in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring often, for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant. Tip onto a plate.
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof saucepan or casserole with a lid over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cover and cook, stirring often, for about 6 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the mushrooms, thyme, and salt (the pan will seem dry). Cover and cook, stirring often, for about 6 minutes or until the mushrooms have released their liquid and the liquid has evaporated. Stir in the rice and pecans.
- Add the reserved broth mixture and bring to a boil. Cover and transfer to the oven. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
Video: the best long grain brown rice with mushrooms
This New Calorie-Counting App Can Change the Way YouDiet
I Need Tips For Cutting Itty-Bitty Fingernails
How to Discourage Your Hosts Obnoxious Dog
How to Extract and Load Data From an Oracle Database
Alzheimers Disease Family History
How to Play Matball
How The Queen Will Break With Royal Tradition
Trendy Trench Coats Fall-Winter 2019
Tartine Et Chocolat Teams Up With Givenchy For Store Event
How to Wire a Telephone
Loroscopo del mese di settembre 2019
Date: 12.12.2018, 21:47 / Views: 41563